PDA

View Full Version : tractors and batteries

stslawncare
12-17-2002, 10:18 AM
hello everyone, question on batteries and tractors. as you can see in my previous thread in the mechanic forum i am having problems with my battery on my tractor. to add to the complication i would like to add some lights and accesories to my tractor. do i need to add a second battery? how do i do so? right now i have one battery that powers the tractor plus to headlights, when u throttle down the lights dim if that means anything? i would like to add a rear work light to the tractor. also considering one of those cheap $20 amber flashers for when im doing night time plowing. any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Bob Minney
12-17-2002, 10:33 AM
After fixing charging system.
I would try hooking up with same battery, if it wont handle extra load buy one with higher amps or use 2.

CMLLawnServices
12-17-2002, 08:47 PM
How big is your tractor and what kind of battery are u using. if ur useing a car battery (which is fine ive got one on our snowblowing tractor) u mite not have enough juice u`ll probably have to go to an agricultural battery. Marine ones wook good to we used to take the batterys out of our boat in the winter and put them on the tractor.