PDA

View Full Version : Turf Rider Sulky...need info please.

walker-talker
12-17-2002, 05:22 PM
I recently purchased a Turf Rider Sulky cheap at an auction. I got it pretty cheap as was just going to sell it, but a month ago I also bought a TTHP 36". I was thinking about mounting it, but the sulky needs to be mounted lower than the real plate of the TT. It also needs to be mounted futhur back from the TT. I was wondering if Turf Rider offers a diferent mounting bracket? I could not find a website for this product either. I placed the sulky to where I thought it should sit, take a look. If I had a plate coming straight down from the TT, it would be too far forward and my stomach would rest right up against the controls....and no I don't have a huge gut.

Thanks
MATT

walker-talker
12-17-2002, 05:24 PM
another shot

FrankenScagMachines
12-17-2002, 05:56 PM
Matt,
I see you have a JD crank deck mower, what size deck is it? How do you like it? Parts usually easy to get for it? I'm supposed to get one from Nate tomorrow (38"). Sounds like it has a better clutching system than belts...Got any more pics of just the JD? Thanks,
Eric

captdevo
12-17-2002, 06:12 PM
matt,

pull the pin and flip the plate.....

doesn't the tube telescope...pull the pin and it should have a series of holes for distance...if not extend it

walker-talker
12-17-2002, 06:21 PM
No, it's not telescoping. You pull the pin that is nearest to the operator and that tube just pulls out of the sulky.

MATT

Wesley's Lawn
12-17-2002, 06:31 PM
Hey walker-talker can you weld or know a welder, if you cant fine a extension or a bracket i would just add a piece of tubing it there.

walker-talker
12-17-2002, 06:41 PM
I have a small mig welder, but don't think it could do the job. What I was thinking was taking a piece of plate steel to a fabricator and have him bend it for me in the shape of an upside down "J".

MATT

FrankenScagMachines
12-17-2002, 08:08 PM
Matt, how's the JD? Can you answer my questions and/or provide pics? Thanks,
Eric

walker-talker
12-17-2002, 08:33 PM
Sure, I bought an existing business about 3 years ago and it came with it. I use it for one season. I have not used it in 2 years. It has a 48" cut and a 14hp KAW that has a 'knock" or "tick" to it. It kind of runs rough. It only has 473 hours on it. It's a 5speed gear drive. Needs new blades. I have been keeping it around as a back-up mower since I purchased my Walker.

MATT

tranum
12-17-2002, 08:56 PM
:D looks like you need to clean our tthp up. don't i see a little dust on it??????:angel:

walker-talker
12-17-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by tranum
:D looks like you need to clean our tthp up. don't i see a little dust on it??????:angel:

Yeah if ya look close you can see a couple of 'ol leaves hanging off it......hahaha...lol

Thanks Larry
MATT