PDA

View Full Version : Mulching and Shrub Trimming Estimate

SeasonPro
04-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post to LawnSite. My name is John and I currently own Season Pro Lawn & Landscape out of Central Kentucky. Last week I gave an estimate on a residential mulching and shrub trimming job. The beds measured out to be appx. 1,900sft, so I figured it to be around 13yds of mulch. There is about 35 shrubs ranging from 3' - 6' but most being on the smaller side. I bid the mulch at $850 (weeding beds, and cleanup included) and the shrubs at $250 including haul away. I am just curious to know what some of you guys would have bid this job. I feel that my estimate is pretty spot on, but the homeowner declined my service due to last years service done at $700 for everything. I appreciate any responses.
Thanks,
John.

grandview (2006)
04-21-2012, 02:07 PM
That's the problem when bidding jobs that need mulch. You say it needs 13yds and the other guy could say 10 and spread it thin where you might be a little thicker on it. 3 yds was the difference in price it looks like.

SeasonPro
04-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Last year, it took 12 yds. Thats what the homeowner told me anyways. I bid it based on a 3" depth so thats where the extra yard came into play.

Smallaxe
04-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Why do you need another 3" every year?