PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Landscaping Equipment

MD Land Management
12-17-2002, 09:25 PM
I had an equipment theft about a month ago, luckily I had all of my equipment recovered by the Mantua Police Department. Over 100,000 dollars of other equipment was also recovered. A guy was areested for possession of stolen property. The police had told me the name of the guys company is called ODDs and Ends. If anyone hears of this company in the Southern New Jersey area, be careful, You might see your equipment being used. lol. I suggest for all of you to get trailer ball locks, I learned that lesson the hard way, Spend the extra money for the locks it is worth it. Have a Merry Christmas Everyone.

Mark
MD Landscape Management:cool:

Turfdude
12-17-2002, 09:33 PM
Mark,

I had only 1 item stolen this year from Cherry Hill. I faxed Mantual police w/ model #, serial # & our engraved # - no luck. Glad to hear you got yours. Someone had posted about the article in the paper around Thanksgiving on this site. I spread the word to a lot of LCO's I know in this area too.

Best luck for a great New Year!

Bob

BTW are you different from M&D Landscaping in Deptford area??

MD Land Management
12-17-2002, 09:45 PM
Hi Bob sorry to hear about your loss I have a buddy Bob who is also in the business who also had equipment stolen out of Cherry Hill as well, everything he had stolen was in Mantua but his trailer but he got his big stuff back, What did you have stolen I will keep my eye out for you. Yes we are out of Cherry Hill, we hear people all the time tell us about M&D down in deptford. Have to call them for an estimate lol. Would you happen to know where that article is on the paper on this site?? Have a great New Years Bob

Mark

MD Landscape Management
Cherry Hill:cool:

Turfdude
12-17-2002, 10:16 PM
Mark,

Try this link: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=37025&highlight=Stolen+Equipment
If that doesn't work it was titled Stolen landscape equipment South Jersey, Delaware and was posted w/in the last 30 days.

BTW, It was a strato charged Redmax Trimmer purchased end of 2001 2500series. Stolen from either Pearlcroft Road, or at 7-11 on Brace by 561.

Bob

MD Land Management
12-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Little Bobs, yea I have seen you guys around town osrry to hear about your thefts Cherry Hill I guess people think ohh they have the money so steal from them. Bastards, I'll keep my eye out for your trimmer, the best part about this whole thing was all serial numbers where left on ang even the trailer still had the damn linsence plate on it. I guess he didnt read page 15 of Stealing for dummies handbook. I hope he rots in jail

Mark
MD Landscape Management
Cherry Hill, NJ

PAPS
12-17-2002, 11:04 PM
The 1st Bobcat I bought was stolen (didnt know it) when I brought it in for service, they noticed the serial # plate was ripped off and ran a check and sure enough it was heisted in S. Jersey from a rental place.... turns out that a shady auction co. came up with it and sold it to the guy I bought it from. I ended up losing 1000.00 in the deal after court etc. Gotta run them serial #'s for the future
:rolleyes: