PDA

View Full Version : Massey Ferguson ZTRs?

JDGlandscape
04-22-2012, 08:25 PM
I am in the process of looking at getting a new ZTR and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these? I have searched but didnt find too much information..

johnwright238
04-22-2012, 08:55 PM
As long as you have decent parts availability (local dealer?) and the parts arn't marked up 500% sounds like a good go for a tough mower

weeze
04-22-2012, 11:35 PM
i've only seen tractors made by them. maybe they are trying to be like deere and get into mowers too.

Ridin' Green
04-23-2012, 12:47 AM
If you read through this PDF, you'll see they are really more of a high end homeowner/low end commercial mower. Both the diesels weigh in less than many gas models from other name brands which is great for the turf, but it tells me that there's not as much material in their construction overall, and they have much lower BTS's as well. They also have tunnel decks, which I know firsthand will cut every bit as good as any deck made, but not when you're dealing with large amounts of thick grass, and taking of several inches at a time at high speed as is common in the spring. They do look interesting though, and I hope they turn out to be another good choice eventually.

http://www.masseyferguson.us/Library/upload/Massey-Ferguson-Zero-Turn-Mowers-Brochure.pdf

rickpilgrim
04-23-2012, 01:09 AM
FYI-Massey Ferguson mowers are sourced from Simplicity who has their ZT mowers built by Ferris and both of those are owned by Briggs & Stratton.
Seeing we own 2 Ferris walkbehinds if the newer ZT's are as good as our hydro DDs as long as you have a local dealer all should be good.

Jimslawncareservice
04-23-2012, 07:50 AM
They have some nice features. If they would put a good deck under it, I think it worth a look.
Posted via Mobile Device

MCLC
04-23-2012, 10:04 AM
FYI-Massey Ferguson mowers are sourced from Simplicity who has their ZT mowers built by Ferris and both of those are owned by Briggs & Stratton.
Seeing we own 2 Ferris walkbehinds if the newer ZT's are as good as our hydro DDs as long as you have a local dealer all should be good.

Those mowers in the brochure are this http://www.iseki.co.jp/english/products/prod-zero.html

MCLC
04-23-2012, 10:09 AM
If you read through this PDF, you'll see they are really more of a high end homeowner/low end commercial mower. Both the diesels weigh in less than many gas models from other name brands which is great for the turf, but it tells me that there's not as much material in their construction overall, and they have much lower BTS's as well. They also have tunnel decks, which I know firsthand will cut every bit as good as any deck made, but not when you're dealing with large amounts of thick grass, and taking of several inches at a time at high speed as is common in the spring. They do look interesting though, and I hope they turn out to be another good choice eventually.

http://www.masseyferguson.us/Library/upload/Massey-Ferguson-Zero-Turn-Mowers-Brochure.pdf

Weight is w/o mower deck; agree on tunnel deck. I do not see in that brochure why that mower can not be used commercially, very similar to the Kubotas, seems very heavy duty, but I have never seen one in person.

StanWilhite
04-23-2012, 10:21 AM
I looked for one of these back in 08 and 09 but couldn't find one around here in N AL. They look like decent mowers though.

Ridin' Green
04-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Those mowers in the brochure are this http://www.iseki.co.jp/english/products/prod-zero.html

Beat me to it. Most MF L&G machines are Simplicity built, but not these.

You're right about the weight. It was late last night and I just missed that. I also agree that they seem decent enough for commercial use, but like I mentioned, they need deeper decks for all purpose use in a commercial application IMO, along with a boost in BTS to at least 18K FPM.:).

There are only a couple MF dealers anywhere near us, and they are at least 30 miles from us if not more. They don't carry these machines, but instead carry more commonly used Z's from other sources. Not sure just exactly why though.

BestImpressions99
04-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Honestly if you just look at the pictures MF has of the ZTR's you see beyond a shadow of a doubt this isn't meant as a true commercial machine.

dbear
04-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Honestly if you just look at the pictures MF has of the ZTR's you see beyond a shadow of a doubt this isn't meant as a true commercial machine.
Honestly, if you look at the right information, you see beyond a shadow of a doubt this IS meant as a true commercial mower.

MF ZTs (http://www.masseyferguson.us/products/lawn-garden/zero-turn-series-commercial-mowers/)

http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/images/catalogs/2775/products/detail/2ee25f0c-3a65-4a1f-bba7-70b5d878b064.jpg

ncrebel8
04-23-2012, 06:04 PM
They also are branding a line made by Ferris/ simplicity (Briggs and stratton) as seen here. http://www.masseylawn.com/zero-turn-mowers/detail/?series=3900%20Series%20Zero%20Turn%20Mower

Razorblades
04-23-2012, 11:51 PM

Looking at the specs on the mower deck options, they do list a 60" and 72" standard deck, which are not tunnel decks, and then they list the 72" tunnel deck.

Your statement about the "tunnel deck not cutting well when dealing with tall, thick grass when taking off serveral inches at a time at high speed as is common in the spring" is contradictory to the basic reasoning behind the function of a tunnel style deck. If you read the Gravely info on the Pro Ride mower deck, or if you find some of the old EverRide Warrior Advertisements and videos of it, you'll see that it was designed to excel in the very conditions that you say it's not good at.

My experience with my Gravely Pro Ride has also backed up those statements. With the tunnel deck Pro Ride, I have been able to cut tall, thick spring growth at a high speed, when the ground is smooth enough. It will cut it clean also. I't ONLY disadvantage when cutting in those conditions is the clippings will be longer because the tunnel deck is working as designed in those conditions, which means that it is getting the clippings out of the deck quicker, which keeps the blades from getting overwelmed with the excessive amount of clippings. YOU can't hardly make the Gravely Pro Ride throw clumps in tall, thick grass. I always hear that the 7 Iron and Velocity plus decks won't hardly clump, neither will the Gravely Pro Ride.

I know that we live in different regions of the Country and have different kinds of grasses to deal with so I can't say that the Gravely Pro Ride / EverRide Warrior deck will work well in northern grasses but it does fine down here in Bahia country. Btw, I did get to use it in some tall/thick bahia late last summer and it handled it very well and at a pretty good speed also.

Also, contrary to the perception of some , about tunnel decks, when cutting normal growth grass, (bermuda, zoysia, st. Augustine) mine will discharge clippings that are fairly small, not as small as an Exmark Ultracut, Bobcat or my Lastec but it does chop them up noticably.

In one of the old EverRide threads, I think it was "Lawns Etc." that had used the warriors and JD's with the 7 Iron deck and he compared the cut between the two as pretty equal but that the JD would produce finer clippings.

I'm not saying that the tunnel deck design is the best deck ever, just that a tunnel decks main attribute is to excel in tall, thick grass. It might not work as well at 4" and above in the finer northern grasses but down here it (at least the Pro Ride deck anyway, as I have no experience with the MF/Iseki tunnel deck) works very well.:)

Ridin' Green
04-24-2012, 01:59 AM
They also are branding a line made by Ferris/ simplicity (Briggs and stratton) as seen here. http://www.masseylawn.com/zero-turn-mowers/detail/?series=3900%20Series%20Zero%20Turn%20Mower

Yep, Those are Ferris mowers without the suspension, but they are nice machines. Since the Ferris and Simplicity are available with the 30 HP Vanguard, I wonder why the MF has the 28. seems they'd use the same engine as well.

Ridin' Green
04-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Razorblades-

I thought you might see that and respond., since I know you have that new mower and have posted pics of it doin' its thing (and well I thought). :)

Maybe I'm still not be making myself clear though. I know what a tunnel deck was designed to do, and what they will do. I have used more of them than a true, deep commercial deck by far. They will flat out get it done, no question. I have a 60" commercial grade deck on my Deere CUT that is a tunnel deck, and then I have my 7 Iron. For most normal mowing there is no advantage one way or the other, but for high speed mowing, and especially if it is moist, long and lush grass, the deeper commercial decks that are 5.5" deep over the entire deck area will handle and process the volume of material quicker and with less required HP. IME, the tunnel deck will start to leave some clumps if the grass is wet and thick, but the 7 Iron won't. The biggest thing that the MF diesel Z's need is more BTS IMO.:)

BestImpressions99
04-24-2012, 12:39 PM
dbear... if that's what he saw then why the HECK would he ask such a question. Think about it. I'm not an idiot. Of course that's a very commercial machine. Type in Massey Ferguson ZTR in Google and you get what I was talking about, not this monstrosity.

Pull your head out of your backside and see the broader picture.

dbear
04-24-2012, 06:39 PM
BI99, the flow of this thread had specifically referenced and linked to MF commercial units. Your post was made after said references. You did NOT state to which units your statement pertained, so logic, and English grammar, dictates said statement would apply to that which immediately preceded it. And yet Iíve got my head up my butt. Right. You may need to learn to make posts more clear to avoid any possible confusion in the future.

Razorblades
04-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Razorblades-

I thought you might see that and respond., since I know you have that new mower and have posted pics of it doin' its thing (and well I thought). :)

Maybe I'm still not be making myself clear though. I know what a tunnel deck was designed to do, and what they will do. I have used more of them than a true, deep commercial deck by far. They will flat out get it done, no question. I have a 60" commercial grade deck on my Deere CUT that is a tunnel deck, and then I have my 7 Iron. For most normal mowing there is no advantage one way or the other, but for high speed mowing, and especially if it is moist, long and lush grass, the deeper commercial decks that are 5.5" deep over the entire deck area will handle and process the volume of material quicker and with less required HP. IME, the tunnel deck will start to leave some clumps if the grass is wet and thick, but the 7 Iron won't. The biggest thing that the MF diesel Z's need is more BTS IMO.:)

I don't doubt your experience with the Jd tunnel deck vs the 7 Iron. But, while not knocking the JD Tunnel deck (or any other Tunnel deck), I'm not so sure that you can lump ALL brands of Tunnel decks performance as the same, any more than you can categorize conventional decks from 5.5"- 6.5" deep, as far as cutting performance and characteristics go.

Thr blade tip speed on the Pro Ride is nearly 19,000 fpm. Does the JD Tunnel deck on your CUT have that high of blade speed. Even if it does, that doesn't mean that the performance of the JD Tunnel deck will mirror the performance of the Pro Ride or EverRide deck.

I'm not saying that the Pro Ride will outperform the 7 Iron deck in most conditions, but I am saying that until you, me or someone else can try them side by side in the same conditions, any conclusion reached by us as to any performance difference in tall,thick or wet grass is just speculation, a hunch, a best guess or even just our somewhat biased opinions.:)

I think I can borrow a firends Scag with the Velocity Plus deck and if I can find a JD ZT with the 7 Iron deck, I will do a test on some of my accounts that are mostly bahia grass in the summer. The Scag and JD might cut it cleaner, although I don't see how they could cut it any cleaner, chop the clippings up more? yes. But cut cleaner, It will have to be proven to me.

I'm not trying to turn this into a Pi$$ing contest about mower decks, but I'm not sure that you can assume the performance of the JD CUT tunnel Deck will be the same as the Gravely Pro Ride / EverRide Warrior deck in the conditions that you speak of.

Maybe you could find one of the Pro Ride's to demo, or maybe someone who has an EverRide Warrior. and compare them in your area. :)

Razorblades
04-24-2012, 10:30 PM
To the orig. Poster; sorry about temporarily hijacking this thread.:)

Ridin' Green
04-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Razorblades-

I believe you're getting way too defensive for no reason. I am not, and never did in this thread, compare the 7 Iron to your tunnel deck, nor have a criticized your deck. Just the opposite if you re-read my last post to you.

This thread is about the MF Z's and they have the same approx. BTS as my CUT's deck (very close), and very close to the same depth of deck and tunnel. I know what mine will do, and pretty much exactly what to expect then from the MF deck. That's my comparison in this thread. Another thing is that if the tunnel decks (of any make) were the best way to go, you can bet your last buck that every major manu would be switching over to them. There's a reason they're that deep deck over the entire cutting area of the deck.:)

BestImpressions99
04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Bear, I'll admit when I'm wrong and I am wrong. I also apologize about insulting you. I was also in the middle of a BAAAAD day when I saw your post. Again my apologies. If you do look at the pdf they do seem like a heavy duty machine, but then my question would be why would someone like Ridin Green say

http://www.masseyferguson.us/Library...s-Brochure.pdf

Just a thought to toss out there. MF needs to make it easier to find when doing a google search to be honest with you.

Ridin' Green
04-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Bear, I'll admit when I'm wrong and I am wrong. I also apologize about insulting you. I was also in the middle of a BAAAAD day when I saw your post. Again my apologies. If you do look at the pdf they do seem like a heavy duty machine, but then my question would be why would someone like Ridin Green say

http://www.masseyferguson.us/Library...s-Brochure.pdf

Just a thought to toss out there. MF needs to make it easier to find when doing a google search to be honest with you.

Gus,
I mentioned in my post above yours where I replied to Razorblades why I think they are more high end homeowner/low end commercial as they are right now. With minor changes they could become what I would consider full commercial machines.

As far as the weight goes, like MCLC pointed out to me (because I flat out missed it in the PDF) the weight is without the mower deck, so they would probably be comparable wight wise to other diesel Z's.

I would like to see them offer the full depth decks like those on most other machines as an option for use in areas where it would be beneficial, and a little higher BTS's. Then I think they'd be on to something pretty good.

Too bad they are so few and far between. None of the dealers I have called have any (like I posted elsewhere here). Most are selling some other more well established line right now. Maybe that will soon change, and they'll start carrying their own line. I hope so, but even if it does, there simply aren't many MF dealers around anymore (at least not around me anywhere much) in the US as compared to overseas where they are very popular.

dbear
04-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Bear, I'll admit when I'm wrong and I am wrong. I also apologize about insulting you. I was also in the middle of a BAAAAD day when I saw your post. Again my apologies...
No problemo, there dude. Been there, done that myself more than I care to admit. :drinkup:

Razorblades
04-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Razorblades-

I believe you're getting way too defensive for no reason. I am not, and never did in this thread, compare the 7 Iron to your tunnel deck, nor have a criticized your deck. Just the opposite if you re-read my last post to you.

This thread is about the MF Z's and they have the same approx. BTS as my CUT's deck (very close), and very close to the same depth of deck and tunnel. I know what mine will do, and pretty much exactly what to expect then from the MF deck. That's my comparison in this thread. Another thing is that if the tunnel decks (of any make) were the best way to go, you can bet your last buck that every major manu would be switching over to them. There's a reason they're that deep deck over the entire cutting area of the deck.:)

Ridin Green,

I guess I did get a little defensive,lol. Sorry about that. I respect and always like to read your posts on these topics.:)

I also know that the tunnel deck design is not the most desired deck design and it like most others, has its compromises. I realize the tunnel deck is not a mulching deck, one compromise. You can bag with them but they may not be as good as the std type decks for that.they are best suited for side discharging, albeit with longer clippings most of the time. Another possible compromise.

I figure that one of the most important reasons for the std (full depth) decks popularity it the versatility of being able to do all of the above and do them well. Some decks excelling at fine clipping discharge, with alot of vaccum (better at striping) but they might not do so well on tall,thick or wet grass, leaving clumps, and not cutting fast or clean in those conditions.

Other decks like the 7 Iron, Velocity plus and a few others, are very versatile in about all conditions. When matched with the right blade combo, will cut the clippings very fine also.

I still believe that the Pro Ride deck will hang right with the Velocity plus, & Iron and any of the other std, full depth decks when cutting tall, thick grass (at least Southern grasses, bahia, dallis grass etc) at a fast speed. It will leave longer clippings of course. I read alot about the EverRides 5-6 years ago and most of the owners and users of them all agreed that they could cut with any other brand in the tall, thick grasses, especially the southerm grasses. The EverRide Literature and Videos also mentioned alot about being designed to excel in those conditions. Not trying to be argumentative about this, it is just my opinion and a growing amount of experience with it.

I also agree that the MF decks need more BTS to be as effective as possible. They do look pretty heavy duty to me, the Iseki built ones, that is. There were some older thread on them, with some liking them pretty well and some saying that they didn't cut near as well as the Kubota's, which they were being compared to at the time.

Ridin' Green
04-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Ridin Green,

I guess I did get a little defensive,lol. Sorry about that. I respect and always like to read your posts on these topics.:)

I also know that the tunnel deck design is not the most desired deck design and it like most others, has its compromises. I realize the tunnel deck is not a mulching deck, one compromise. You can bag with them but they may not be as good as the std type decks for that.they are best suited for side discharging, albeit with longer clippings most of the time. Another possible compromise.

I figure that one of the most important reasons for the std (full depth) decks popularity it the versatility of being able to do all of the above and do them well. Some decks excelling at fine clipping discharge, with alot of vaccum (better at striping) but they might not do so well on tall,thick or wet grass, leaving clumps, and not cutting fast or clean in those conditions.

Other decks like the 7 Iron, Velocity plus and a few others, are very versatile in about all conditions. When matched with the right blade combo, will cut the clippings very fine also.

I still believe that the Pro Ride deck will hang right with the Velocity plus, & Iron and any of the other std, full depth decks when cutting tall, thick grass (at least Southern grasses, bahia, dallis grass etc) at a fast speed. It will leave longer clippings of course. I read alot about the EverRides 5-6 years ago and most of the owners and users of them all agreed that they could cut with any other brand in the tall, thick grasses, especially the southerm grasses. The EverRide Literature and Videos also mentioned alot about being designed to excel in those conditions. Not trying to be argumentative about this, it is just my opinion and a growing amount of experience with it.

I also agree that the MF decks need more BTS to be as effective as possible. They do look pretty heavy duty to me, the Iseki built ones, that is. There were some older thread on them, with some liking them pretty well and some saying that they didn't cut near as well as the Kubota's, which they were being compared to at the time.

It's all good my brother.:)

I like tunnel decks for general cutting purposes just fine, and have a ton of saddle time on top of quite a few different tunnel decks. I still have a couple of them. It has been my experience that they will stripe great in northern grasses, and bag darn good too. I just have to go a little slower on them in thicker tall lush grass to keep from clumping. The pics below are of my 22 YO JD 240 w/14 HP Kawi, and 46" deck. The deck isn't particularly deep in the rear section, and about average for the time period in the tunnel area (approx 4 1/2" avaerage depth). I run a powerflo bagger on it for fall leaves and spring trash clean-up part of the time. I use it for rougher areas that are too tight to use my Z's, or are just too rough, with multiple dips/humps where scalping is a concern like a playground. It lays down as good a cut as can be had with sharp blades, and stripes very well. The last pic is cutting at 3", and taking off 6" of weedy stemy grass that was fairly thick. It did it in one pass, but I had to double cut to get rid of the longer clippings as you mentioned. I am sure your Z's are a far cry better at it than this old tractor is though, but I understand how you feel about them.:)

BestImpressions99
04-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Sheeeesh, lets NOT get the times when we were wrong because of booze involved... wrong forum. LOL

dbear
04-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Sheeeesh, lets NOT get the times when we were wrong because of booze involved... wrong forum. LOL
Gee, I never recall being all that wrong when I imbibed heavily enough.:laugh:

JABBERS
06-12-2012, 09:22 PM
I want to know how the 36 vanguard is holding up? How about gph?

MONTE
11-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Any updates on these machines? Prices?

StanWilhite
11-25-2012, 02:19 AM
Razorblades-

Gee Ridin'....I can't believe you're using that kind of language on this forum! Must be the "leftover" turkey talkin'!!!
:rolleyes: :laugh:

weaver
11-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Any updates on these machines? Prices?

I seen some at Rural King with a diesel engine for like 10k.. While they looked ok i would definately buy a new Exmark or Turf Tiger first... They look well built besides the deck but just no where near a full blown big named commercial unit..
Posted via Mobile Device

MONTE
11-25-2012, 03:23 PM
What guage is the mower deck? I thought I had read that they were 7 gauge.

Ridin' Green
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Gee Ridin'....I can't believe you're using that kind of language on this forum! Must be the "leftover" turkey talkin'!!!
:rolleyes: :laugh:

I posted that back last April. Musta been too much left over Easter candy affecting me Stan.

Green King
11-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Weaver

Can you elaborate on the build? With the exception of the mower deck. I had heard that it was basically a kubota with a few twists in it. I too would be curious in the construction of the mower deck. I have never seen one in person and all the massey dealers around me do not even know the machine exists.

weaver
11-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Weaver

Can you elaborate on the build? With the exception of the mower deck. I had heard that it was basically a kubota with a few twists in it. I too would be curious in the construction of the mower deck. I have never seen one in person and all the massey dealers around me do not even know the machine exists.

First this thing is huge, the one I saw was the 3 cylinder diesel. I mean it looks way bigger than a lot of 60 in commercial zero turns. As far as looking like Kubotas zero turn, yes they look like the older ones without the pro decks. The decks are stamped steel decks not like the heavy duty welded ones on most commercial mowers. They have pumps & wheel motors. As far as quality I guess it looked good but cant figure out why Rural king is selling them. I mean everything they sell is low end homeowner stuff . Like I said there is no way I would pay 10k for it . I would just buy a new Ex or Scag TT..

weaver
11-25-2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.masseyferguson.us/products/lawn-garden/zero-turn-series-commercial-mowers/

Here is there website...

Green King
11-25-2012, 10:21 PM
They are selling for 10k? is that for a 72" which engine? I am currious because a diesel exmark or scag around here is $15+ from what I have been told. Heck the gas units cost more than that here.

weaver
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
They are selling for 10k? is that for a 72" which engine? I am currious because a diesel exmark or scag around here is $15+ from what I have been told. Heck the gas units cost more than that here.

It was a 60 in 3 cylinder diesel

weaver
11-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Yes you're right about the diesel Ex or scag running around 15k. I was referring to a 27 kohler 60 in cut. TT about 10k the Ex about the same maybe a little more. The Exs have really went up in the last year around here..

Mikegyver
11-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Is it just me or do they look a lot like Kubota Z's?

Green King
11-26-2012, 11:18 AM
They look similar but from what I understand is the massey has pumps and wheel motors and the kubota has transaxles. Also the radiator on the massey is in the very back of the machine where the kubota is behind the seat. The zd331 kubota is 77 cid motor and the zt29 massey is a 84 cid motor. Massey has a stamped deck the kubota a fabricated deck. The deck lift is on the floor platform on the kubota? and the massey is on the control panel?

Ridin' Green
11-26-2012, 12:23 PM
They look similar but from what I understand is the massey has pumps and wheel motors and the kubota has transaxles. Also the radiator on the massey is in the very back of the machine where the kubota is behind the seat. The zd331 kubota is 77 cid motor and the zt29 massey is a 84 cid motor. Massey has a stamped deck the kubota a fabricated deck. The deck lift is on the floor platform on the kubota? and the massey is on the control panel?

That's not correct according to the PDF in the link that weaver provided.

The 29 hp is 89.3 CI and the 33 is 91.4 CI. Those are large engines for the HP they turn out, so they should be very durable.

Green King
11-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Thank You for the correction on the cid on the massey! Is the kubota correct at 77 cid. I was doing this from memory but you know how that can get sometimes lol.

Ridin' Green
11-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Well, you're doin' pretty good memorywise LOL. The Kubby 331 is indeed 77 CI.

Green King
11-26-2012, 06:14 PM
I see there is a engine rpm diffrence between the kubota a massey as well.

MONTE
11-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Believe it or not I actually get to see one tomorrow. After looking for two years or better a utility company in a city about an hour from me has one that the dealer arranged for me to take a look at.

weaver
11-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Equipment Believe it or not I actually get to see one tomorrow. After looking for two years or better a utility company in a city about an hour from me has one that the dealer arranged for me to take a look at.

I actually went to Rural King to get you some pics but they already put away the ag equipment for the season...

WREBELMACHINE
01-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Just watched a video on youtube on the iseki version It looked like it had the standard 72" deck on it. and was doing a pretty decent job from the looks of it.

StanWilhite
01-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Just watched a video on youtube on the iseki version It looked like it had the standard 72" deck on it. and was doing a pretty decent job from the looks of it.

Will you post that link? For some reason I can't find it.
Thanks! Stan

dbear
01-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Will you post that link? For some reason I can't find it.
Thanks! Stan
Maybe it's this one:
Iseki SZ 330 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hTOFAgFY5Y)

StanWilhite
01-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Maybe it's this one:
Iseki SZ 330 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hTOFAgFY5Y)

Thanks Dbear.
Man that thing was sure processing some grass...and that little diesel sounds great! I think most people that would buy a mower like that would prefer a fabricated deck on it tho....but, who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

dbear
01-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Thanks Dbear.
Man that thing was sure processing some grass...and that little diesel sounds great! I think most people that would buy a mower like that would prefer a fabricated deck on it tho....but, who knows, maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe it's like the JD 7-Iron deck. Owners seem to love them.

Looking at the mower info on MF's Website (http://www.masseyferguson.us/products/lawn-garden/zero-turn-series-commercial-mowers/), I don't see any spec on deck thickness, but it says the 72" deck can be standard or high volume. The Iseki video doesn't mention which deck is on that machine. Like you say, it seems to move grass very well.

WREBELMACHINE
01-09-2013, 09:00 AM
I will let you know I just bought one.

Jimslawncareservice
01-09-2013, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=WREBELMACHINE;4637949]I will let you know I just bought one.[/QUO

What did it run you?
Posted via Mobile Device

weaver
01-09-2013, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=WREBELMACHINE;4637949]I will let you know I just bought one.[/QUO

What did it run you?
Posted via Mobile Device

They're 10k new here at Rural King...

Jimslawncareservice
01-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Not bad concidering that most diesel ztrs are 15-17k
Posted via Mobile Device

weaver
01-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Not bad concidering that most diesel ztrs are 15-17k
Posted via Mobile Device

He may have got his cheaper cause places like Rual King usally mark there left over items down on price to make room for the new stuff.. Hope he post something on here about it.. It looks like a solid machine the one i saw, but want to here how it cuts and performs..

JCLawn and more
01-09-2013, 12:10 PM
hey guys I think this is just the old Kubota ZTR its looks exactly the same down to the lift arms http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/kubota-buying-pricing/1679d1001208850-kubota-ztr-1-71134-kubotazd21ztrmower.jpg

StanWilhite
01-09-2013, 12:49 PM
I will let you know I just bought one.

Alright....congratulations!! Man that sounds like a heck of a deal to me! If the mower works as well as it looks, you oughta be very happy with it. Keep us posted as you go along.

WREBELMACHINE
01-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Well long story short I had a Predator Pro stolen from me back in october and was just going to buy another one since the bobcats have worked really well for me. That was until I saw the threads on the kubota and massey diesel machines. I was about to buy a kubota and then after calling a dealer he called me back and wanted more details of what I would be doing with it and how many. I told him what I do which is city parks schools etc. and I need one machine to replace the machine that was stolen but I have two I am going to rotate out and replace with new during the year and two more next year that will be due to rotate out. So he said give me a day to see what I can do before I pull the trigger on a kubota. So I did and I was very happy with that decision. He gave me a multiple unit price for one machine with the agreement that I was not committed to more than one machine. I did tell him that if it works like I hope it will that I will be after more of them. So for those wanting to know how many greenbacks. I got a ZT29 with a standard 72" mower deck for less than a 72" predator pro was going to cost me. It was $5000 less than a kubota.

weaver
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Well long story short I had a Predator Pro stolen from me back in october and was just going to buy another one since the bobcats have worked really well for me. That was until I saw the threads on the kubota and massey diesel machines. I was about to buy a kubota and then after calling a dealer he called me back and wanted more details of what I would be doing with it and how many. I told him what I do which is city parks schools etc. and I need one machine to replace the machine that was stolen but I have two I am going to rotate out and replace with new during the year and two more next year that will be due to rotate out. So he said give me a day to see what I can do before I pull the trigger on a kubota. So I did and I was very happy with that decision. He gave me a multiple unit price for one machine with the agreement that I was not committed to more than one machine. I did tell him that if it works like I hope it will that I will be after more of them. So for those wanting to know how many greenbacks. I got a ZT29 with a standard 72" mower deck for less than a 72" predator pro was going to cost me. It was $5000 less than a kubota.

Well what are you waiting for post some pics.. :waving:

Ridin' Green
01-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Well what are you waiting for post some pics.. :waving:

What he said.......................:cool:

WREBELMACHINE
01-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Well you will have to wait. I do not pick it up until march. I promise I will get pics of it and I will post some mowing pics of it.

MONTE
03-10-2013, 10:39 PM
When do you get it? And can I come over and check it out?

WREBELMACHINE
03-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Bring the Dr Pepper and I will supply the burgers and will check it out. I am picking it up on the 23rd of this month.

Razorblades
05-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Hey Wrebel,

Have you started using your Massey Ferguson ZTR yet? If so, how is it doing so far?