PDA

View Full Version : Skidsteer sweeper, anyone use one?

tjg
12-18-2002, 12:12 AM
I have done searches on this subject, but didn't find what I was wanting exacting. I was wanting to know if anyone has used one or is using a sweeper and how they thought it works good or fair? I do landscape,lawn care, and also have a Bobcat service that stays fairly busy but have had a customer ask why I done buy one to clean lots with, The customer, which today we just finished level grade and sodded his newest car wash kind of a quick and cheap deal but anyways he does have 4 large new or close to it car washes and gas stations. Just want to know if it wouild work or not. Any help will be great, also tomorrow I'am going to my Bobcat dealer and renting a new mini walkbehind Bobcat and may just demo a sweeper.:)

stslawncare
12-18-2002, 10:05 AM
i do not know anything about the sweeper, but would like to know what you thought about the demo walkbehind mini. how was it? were you impressed and satisfied? mind me asking how much per hour or what the rate was?

dougaustreim
12-18-2002, 11:52 AM
There are actually two types of sweepers. The best one for parking lots is like a street sweeper brushes the debris into a hopper or like a special bucket that you can then dump into a truck. They do a pretty good job if the dirt isn't baked on to the surface. Gets all loose stuff quite well. Not overly expensive few thousand

The other type of attachment is the angle broom which sweeps everything into a windrow to be picked up with a conventional bucket. These are actually several thousand more They do work great for snow though.
especially good for sweeping sidewalks after light fluffy snow falls

Doug Austreim

tjg
12-18-2002, 06:01 PM
STS, I didn't end up using the mini but it was priced right at $200.00 for one day that is the machine,auger drive unit, and a 30" bit. I didn't use it I got another local guy I know to use his mini track hoe only about 34" wide to dig the holes for the trees, they are going in a backyard and the root balls are 40" alittle big to dig by hand beings there is five and it will save time.He uses the track hoe along w/ a bigger one and a backhoe to do gas line work for a large company out of town but is in town for the holiday break/season, end of the year and don't what to spend anymore money type of deal.

tjg
12-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Doug, the sweeper I was looking at was a bucket combo type, it was used for around $1,400 thought it could be worth having.:blob4:

landscaper3
12-18-2002, 09:31 PM
We use a Bobcat skidsteer with there 4' enclosed sweeper around $5000 to do all our spring cleanups on lots from winter services (plow-sand & salt) It works great we sweep it into the self contaned bucket and dump into the dump trucks.