PDA

View Full Version : too early to contact new potential comm. clients???

cst51
12-18-2002, 12:05 PM
Just wondering what you all thought about this topic? My season is over here and will take a week vaction over the holidays. Is it too early to contact new commercial clients for next year or is it better to wait until Jan./Feb. when the new season gets a little bit closer? I am afraid if I introduce myself now they will forget me when it is time to make a decision on their properties for next year? I am planning on contacting them again once the season gets closer to see if they have made a decision. Just wondering what you all thought, and how you approach probable new clients in your area.

Cary

Bob Minney
12-18-2002, 12:12 PM
Never too early

Prospecting will help keep you sharp for next year. And if 1/2 of them forget you that means 1/2 of them didn't.

rodfather
12-18-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Bob Minney
Never too early

Prospecting will help keep you sharp for next year. And if 1/2 of them forget you that means 1/2 of them didn't.

Good point Bob...never too early...should always be prospecting.

therainman
12-18-2002, 12:54 PM
Too early?????

closer to too late.
many commercial accounts are subject to budget reviews by corporate heads that are not at your local level. I try to seek out com. accounts in Nov. and Dec. Turning one in today... also going ealry like this I have found it easier to get payment 12 months out of the year.

shawn

IBGreen
12-18-2002, 06:28 PM
I've been working on them now. Today I got the biggest commercial account ever! Its a new theatre I'm stoked!:D

Atlantic Lawn
12-18-2002, 07:08 PM
We do most of our com. proposals in Nov/Dec. That said, I have aquired accounts as late as March. In June and July you can aquire accounts that were serviced by another company and the clients are now dissatisfied. Have a good season.

LAWNS AND MOWER
12-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Atlantic Lawn
We do most of our com. proposals in Nov/Dec. That said, I have aquired accounts as late as March. In June and July you can aquire accounts that were serviced by another company and the clients are now dissatisfied. Have a good season.
Same here. I always pick up a few accounts in Aug. when the wanna be's start dropping out.

Flex-Deck
12-18-2002, 08:40 PM
This is the time to be bidding everything - Around Iowa, the cities and counties require bids to be in by Dec. 2. - How else can you plan next year without starting early?

Shuter
12-18-2002, 08:52 PM
Do not wait. It is never too early to get new accounts. You should be working on new accounts year-round and working on keeping existing accounts year-round. Never put something off until another day, as another company may jump in and take your potential new accounts.

IBGreen
12-18-2002, 10:17 PM
ffshuter, you are absolutely right! That is the best attitude and game-plan to have. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming season!:blob3:

Bunton Guy
12-18-2002, 11:07 PM
Alot of the smaller commercial accounts around here bid out Jan first and some of the larger complexes will bid out around March. I think I let December slip by I didnt do as much bidding as i should have done.

Mowingman
12-18-2002, 11:53 PM
I have already resigned all my commercial accounts for next year and signed up a new commercial account today. I would get moving if I were you. I have found the commercial folks like to get this stuff lined up well in advance.:)

LAWNS AND MOWER
12-19-2002, 02:05 AM
Just confirmed a large commercial acct. today. They are on a 12 month payment plan, so I'll start receiving checks strarting Jan 1. :D :D :D

FrankenScagMachines
12-19-2002, 08:07 AM
Hey you guys inspiring me with all of you posting that you're confirming them right now... maybe I'll get out there and try to get me a few ;) :) Will it matter to them if I don't have insurance right now but will by the time I'm cutting? Also about the contracts, will it be one of theirs I sign or one I provide that they sign? Thanks,
Eric

Mowingman
12-19-2002, 09:16 AM
You need to write up a proposal/contract showing what you will do for them and the cost. However, first, you need to visit with the potential client and find out what level of service they desire to have. Check out the many posts from the past that discuss contracts. Some sample contracts have been posted. Good luck.:)