PDA

View Full Version : first Landscape Renovation

C.J.
04-25-2012, 11:57 AM
I have been in the business for 10 years as a side job but have only delt with lawn service (mowing,edging, trimming, etc) and tree removal. I have a recording studio I cut that wants to add flower beds and make everything look a lot more professional. I have no clue where to start on this besides getting some planting soil, mulch, and fertilizer and then planting some flowers? Ill take any advice I can get.

Thanks for the help!

White Gardens
04-25-2012, 11:59 AM
There are hundreds of dynamics.

I suggest looking up basic landscape design information and go from there.

vinnieobrien
04-25-2012, 12:14 PM
yeah i would go to a local nurses find some plants they like, maybe some bushes depending on size of beds. make sure they will thrive in the amount of sunlight they get. get some nice soil and mulch. edge the bed in a design the customer wants. rotate the dirt, plant, mulch. its not that difficult just make it a layout the customer wants.

macgyver_GA
04-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Pay attention to the mature size of the plants and space them appropriately.

Use a shovel or rent a bed bug/bed edger to make a nice crisp edge on all of the beds.

As state above, make sure you place plants where they will get the appropriate amount of sunlight.

Use a Variety of colors and textures. Group like plants together to create "layers" Try to plant in odd numbers.

Maybe have the customer meet you at the Nursery and have them pick out plants they like since this is your first time. What color is their house? shutters? doors? etc. Maybe find accent plants that compliment the house colors.

What style house is it? Being that you're in Johns Creek I'm guess traditional style since that's pretty common around here.

C.J.
04-25-2012, 01:20 PM
its a brick building in Atlanta