PDA

View Full Version : Landscape license

grassmasterswilson
04-27-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm considering venturing out into small landscape projects to upsale to my customers. At what point to I need to be certified or landscape lisenced? Do I even need one?
Posted via Mobile Device

gcbailey
04-27-2012, 08:35 AM
if you are serious about doing it, you need to take it serious too. One of the 1st things you should do it get legal with a license and insurance. It definitely looks better on your part and tells your clients that you are serious about what you do, not just some blow by company.

GreenI.A.
04-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Like said above a business license and proper insurance is a must from day one. As far as a specific landscape license/certification most states do not require one like they do for say plumbers, electricians, contractors, barbers..... But some states do require you have a contractors license for installing plants, beds, mulch, as you are changing the appearance of the house. Also you will need a pest lic/cert to apply any pesticides, which does include roundup and weed-n-feeds

grassmasterswilson
04-27-2012, 12:28 PM
thanks. I'm a mowing and application company. I carry all the insurance and liscenses for this. I was thinking about branching out into small landscape jobs since I see a need for it. Most landscape companies get big and don't want to mess with the 2-3k jobs when they can bid on 10k+ jobs.

wildstarblazer
04-27-2012, 10:15 PM
You may need a live plant dealer license if you want to buy wholesale from nurseries.

Coffeecraver
04-28-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm considering venturing out into small landscape projects to upsale to my customers. At what point to I need to be certified or landscape lisenced? Do I even need one?
Posted via Mobile Device

My Advice :
Visit this site and become certified
North Carolina Nursery & Landscape Association :: Certification
http://www.ncnla.com/events-certification.php

:)