PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Weather

LLMSERVICE
12-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Its December 18 and its raining...hard.

For most of you in the southern climate, this may not be unusual but this is Northern Ontario. Look at a map of the U.S. and Canada look above Minnesota on the north shore of Lake Superior.

Normally this time of year, there is snow on the ground but things are brown. I usually finish clean ups by November 7 at the latest but I was doing yard work this past weekend.

Anyone else having an unpredicatable December weather wise, particularly in Wisconsin and Minnesota?

mdb landscaping
12-18-2002, 09:44 PM
We've had really wacky weather here in the northeast. We had a wicked dry summer, then a wicked wet late october and november. Everybody was way behind on leaves. When the rain stopped the third week of november, mother nature decided we needed a big snowstorm before Thanksgiving. I havent talked to one person who finished all their cleanups in time. We had a number of snow events so far, and are in a warm spell right now. I am told on saturday, the pattern will turn around and go back to below normal temps and a possibility of Snow Christmas.

wriken
12-18-2002, 09:47 PM
Yep, raining here and supposed to turn colder and snow this weekend. Sure hope we have snow for X-Mas.

rodfather
12-19-2002, 08:29 AM
Another El Nino winter is one the way.

Toroguy
12-19-2002, 08:53 AM
LLM,

We had some thunder the other night, and probably one of the most intense rainfalls for December. It is odd that it stays liquid this late. I recall a New Years eve in the 70's where as kids we ice skated on creeks locally due to zero snow, but it was at least cold. Snow is forecast for tonight (inch) otherwise I may have to get some skates for New Years.

The Weather Channel reports weird weather in San Fran, 50 mph winds and more rain. Tenn and Miss getting severe t-storms again?

El Nino is getting old, maybe addressing it as El Padre may be more appropriate?