PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift

gorrell
12-19-2002, 12:37 PM
Look what Santa brought. 2002 Steiner 430 Max with 25 hp Kohler and 60" flip up deck. I'm getting a 5' front blade and 48" slip scoop before the end of the year and more attachments will come as needed. This is one very nicely designed and built machine. Had 200 hours and I saved MAJOR bucks over new.............Lynn

FrankenScagMachines
12-19-2002, 12:43 PM
Awesome! A friend (on the IM) has one and loves it to peices, he says it's the best mower he's ever used and best tractor expensive but worth it. He has over 40 collectible garden tractors LOL. He swears up and down it cuts and stripes better than my best pic I sent him, I said get a pic and prove it. When he gets it to me I will post it. Oh yea, you'll like the slip scoop for mulch installations and other landscaping projects! I built one for my garden tractor and it worked great but later made the tractor into a puller so the scoop is rusting.
Have fun with santa's new sleigh ;) :)

stslawncare
12-19-2002, 02:35 PM
awesome tractor. can we have some more views of it? mind telling the price?

65hoss
12-19-2002, 03:00 PM
Santa want to sell it?;)

Looks good.

gorrell
12-19-2002, 03:25 PM
I gave $9200 including the deck and since I picked it up from out of state, no sales tax. New ones go for over $14,000........Lynn
I had another pic, but it's too big to load. Sorry

Gravely_Man
12-19-2002, 04:35 PM
It looks like I might have to rethink my devotion to Gravely. That is one nice looking machine. May it give you years of trouble free use!

Gravley_Man

captdevo
12-19-2002, 05:05 PM
Lynn,

sweet machine!!!

i wish i knew you were looking, i might have saved you a little money!!

if anyone is interested in a Steiner, email me (sales@rpm-co.com) i can get good deals on them and attachments too!

btw Lynn.......i will have details on the blade and scoop tonight.

rodfather
12-19-2002, 06:28 PM
Hey Lynn?

Wait till you see how that baby stripes a lawn...it's phenominal! I couldn't believe the job it does until I saw one with my own eyes.

Good Luck with your new Xmas toy.

bob
12-19-2002, 09:43 PM
I smell an eBay item!

FrankenScagMachines
12-19-2002, 10:07 PM
rodfather, so it's true huh? I thought my friend was half blowing off I'm sure it does good but from what he said I thought it's too good to be true. Lynn, maybe you'll use it on your bestest lawns for it's excellent cut/stripe? What else will you do with the mower deck? I wouldn't bushhog with it thats for sure...

Runner
12-20-2002, 12:40 AM
Can you say "Let's go hillclimbing?" I've seen this machine in action, and it DOESN'T play games.

Tony Harrell
12-20-2002, 06:30 AM
Another quality product brought to us by the folks at Textron. By the way, what are you going to use it for mainly?

gorrell
12-20-2002, 11:01 AM
Tony, we have 2 or 3 accounts where our 72" machines will not work and that's where we will use this machine. I bought it mainly for it's versatility. I have a 60" Dixie flatlander with the flexdeck and only put 95 hours on it all last season and that's not a very good use of money when you've got over $10,000 wrapped up in it. With all the attachments for the Steiner I feel I'll get a lot more use from this machine than I did from the 60" Dixie. Don't get me wrong, I still love my DC's, but we mainly use 72" units and not 60's................Lynn

bob
12-25-2002, 10:02 PM
Another one on eBay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3100760483

crawdad
12-31-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Gravely_Man
It looks like I might have to rethink my devotion to Gravely. That is one nice looking machine. May it give you years of trouble free use!

Gravley_Man

I looked at the one on ebay. I've seen Gravely's set up like that, with the deck out front. What was that, the Gravely Estate Mower? Many years ahead of it's time, some say. Gravely isn't making a rider tractor any more, citing "lack of demand" for expensive riders. People want disposable tractors from the big stores. Well, it seems that Steiner has found a demand for well built riders. Maybe Gravely will change their minds.
Crawdad

Gravely_Man
12-31-2002, 12:15 PM
Let's hope that Gravely sees the light and changes their minds. They have some great products but totally lack in the marketing aspect of the company. Most people don't even know that they are still in business.

The estate mower was Gravely's first attempt at a rider. The operator sat on top of the transmission and your feet were placed on top of the 30" deck. They have come a long way from then.

Gravely_Man

Nick
12-31-2002, 06:08 PM
it has a roller built into the back of the deck, that is why it stripes well.