PDA

View Full Version : flex deck

RX7
12-19-2002, 12:40 PM
I have a few questions about the flex deck. If anyone wants to give any of their expertise, I would appreciate it. What brand and size of mowers is it compatable to? How long does it take to attach? Does it have a mulching kit? Does it provide the same kind of quality cut that the primary blades do? I am just curious if it really does the job well or if it lacks the quality of cut that a wide deck mower with more horsepower has. Feel free to give any opinons or information about the flex deck that you may have. Thank you for any advice you have. -RX7:)

bubble boy
12-19-2002, 12:44 PM
try over in the flex deck forum off the main page. ;)

Flex-Deck
12-20-2002, 05:34 PM
RX7 - as far as quality of cut, here is a pic in tall grass at the KC lawnsite BBQ - Conditions were very dry and we had to mow in the median of the double lane highway - this should give you an idea of the quality of cut since the grass was about 10" high.

As far as removing and reinstalling the flex-deck - it takes about 30 seconds either way - if you are slow it is one minute.

Yes, it mows as well as the other deck.

Thanks, Bradhttp://36X

Flex-Deck
12-20-2002, 07:40 PM
Here is one more pichttp://36X

FrankenScagMachines
12-20-2002, 07:45 PM
hey Brad why don't you get a sulky for that baby?

Bob Minney
12-20-2002, 08:05 PM
:( should be wearing a dust mask also + other ppe

Flex-Deck
12-20-2002, 08:07 PM
Will make a sulky asap

Art Stubbs handy 58
12-20-2002, 08:20 PM
i have demoed the flex deck from Brad at one of my properties and it does what he says it will do.... WHO'S THE STUD MOWING :blob2: ??????????????????????????

FrankenScagMachines
12-20-2002, 08:21 PM
You won't be disappointed. Making one is a good idea since it's wintertime and you are probably wanting a project if you're like me. I got one though, my JD (bye bye Scag post). It is a pretty decent mower it looks like. It has a very heavy duty sulky on it I haven't determined the brand i was told Jungle Wheels but it's not that now that I look closer... no labels or stamped markings but very heavy duty very heavily built. I dont' know if you saw my reply on the wide area tractor mower but I might build me a 32" wing deck like that for my John Deere w/b. Will have a 8hp B&S I/C on it. Probably have the engine up on a low platform and have it belt drive the blade to get the safety features of a belt. My JD has a deck just like the one in your picture, 3 bladed 38". send me some pics of progress on that thing.
Thanks,
Eric

Flex-Deck
12-20-2002, 08:22 PM
bushhog - 38" decks only have two blades

FrankenScagMachines
12-20-2002, 08:25 PM
not this one... each blade is 14" long tip to tip and it takes 3 of them, with overlap it is a 38" deck I swear. I didn't beleive it at first either. Once my film is developed I will show you. It is clearly obvious it's a 3 bladed deck and there is a "38" decal on it. It measures out that way too.

Flex-Deck
12-20-2002, 08:32 PM
I stand corrected - never saw a three bladed 38

FrankenScagMachines
12-20-2002, 08:38 PM
Me neither, on a commercial mower. The older JD GT's like a 110 or something had a 3 bladed 38" deck I beleive. I think I worked on one of those one time now that I think about it.

rodfather
12-21-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Art Stubbs handy 58
i have demoed the flex deck from Brad at one of my properties and it does what he says it will do.... WHO'S THE STUD MOWING :blob2: ??????????????????????????

I believe our very own LGF.

turfman59
12-21-2002, 03:40 PM
Will one of these flex decks fit my crapsmen mower? I ve got some props that a Ztr just wont hold the hills like 30 degrees or better Bruce

Flex-Deck
12-21-2002, 07:11 PM
turfman59 - are you referring to the Sears Crapsman- then no- My flex-deck weights in a 105 lbs and even though when in the mowing mode it does not actually place down weight on the main deck, it does have some side drag, and the lightweight mowers can not handle it.

FrankenScagMachines
12-21-2002, 07:41 PM
I beg to differ Brad, the trim deck I made for my rear engine rider as a prototype thing, it added side drag i admit but not enough to stop me from using it. I think it would work fine for him really. Oh I just saw 105 lbs.. hmm maybe he better not try it mine was not near that heavy. I used a cut down push mower and if it worked well i was gonna make my own deck for it and redesign it alittle however I decided not to because it worked fine but the mower itself didn't really have a way to route the belt. 105lbs is very impressive, you should advertise how heavy duty it is :D