PDA

View Full Version : Toro W-B & ZTR's

lancetaylor
12-19-2002, 01:53 PM
I strongly considering selling Toro Commercial mowers in a new lawncare dealership I plan to open very soon and would like the opinion of contractors who have used their equipment.

Are they competitive? I've not yet received dealer pricing but they claim to be very much so.

Lance

Blessed 1
12-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Yes they are very competitive. I am extremly happy with mines. I must say though that sometimes I wish I had gotten the Exmark. Only reason being I dont like the current DFS Bagger attatchment. They are supposed to coming out with a 3 bin bagger in the spring. The dealer here sells Toro, Exmark, Echo, and Stihl. He pushes Echo over Stihl because of better warranty. Over all I think that Dealer support is what demands loyalty among us. I have not had any problems yet because all of my equipment in new, but I feel that when the time comes he will be there for me.:D :D

Lawn Specialties
12-19-2002, 04:52 PM
I use nothing but toro and don't have any plans to change. The only other brand I've even given a minutes consideration to is exmark and guess who ownes them. Although there are dozons of companies making very high quality equipment I haven't seen any thing with the cut quality that Toro has.Being a quality dealer is the key to repeat bussiness.Toro has a parts network that's second to none and Toro guys have come to expect it. I personally drive past two other Proline dealers to get to mine because they under stand how to use the system and can get almost any thing by the end of the next day.I know brand popularity differs from place to place but around here Toro is the undisputed king.

rodfather
12-19-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by lancetaylor
I strongly considering selling Toro Commercial mowers in a new lawncare dealership I plan to open very soon and would like the opinion of contractors who have used their equipment.

Are they competitive? I've not yet received dealer pricing but they claim to be very much so.

Lance

I have 3 Toro Groundsmasters 325D's (yes i know, they are not WB's or Z's). I love them until something has to be replaced. Parts for them are outrageous (always readily availble) but expensive.

just my 2 cents