PDA

View Full Version : PCS Pulseworx - UPB Controller

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Just wondering if any of you UPB installers have any experience with the PCS Timed Event Controller?

http://pulseworx.com/products/TEC_.php

I have been using the Simply Automated Timer/Scheduler for some time but am looking for something a bit more robust as I have had some issues with the SA unit getting scrambled with power fluctuations and outages.

Thanks

S&MLL
04-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Just wondering if any of you UPB installers have any experience with the PCS Timed Event Controller?

I have been using the Simply Automated Timer/Scheduler for some time but am looking for something a bit more robust as I have had some issues with the SA unit getting scrambled with power fluctuations and outages.

Thanks

Funny James..... I was reading a thread yesterday either here or lowvolt.org from 2008. It was you and Eden Lights going back and forth about upb gen 1&2. Guess your finally moving over to gen2. I thought you were using the Simply Automated desktop control? How are your clients going to override Schedules? Just a simple wall switch?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Gen2 and Gen1 are transparent. I am just looking for a new timer. I always install a desktop or wall switch for the clients to over-ride the program. The timers are usually tucked away out of sight.

Richie@
05-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Today I did a search for Pulseworx Distributors in my area and the two companies that I know and called said they do not carry Lighting Controls LOL , weird.

Has anyone taken their training classes and how would you rate the products.

Richie

S&MLL
05-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Pulseworx is sold locally here through ADI.... ADI only sells to the trade. But everything must be special ordered. You can by pulseworx off the web. If you want a decent vendor with decent trade pricing let me know

Richie@
05-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Pulseworx is sold locally here through ADI.... ADI only sells to the trade. But everything must be special ordered. You can by pulseworx off the web. If you want a decent vendor with decent trade pricing let me know

I was just looking at prices on the net and prices are right up their with Precious Metals ( Gold & Platinum )

If you don't mind I would like to know the vendor you deal with , either post it here or shoot me a pm.

Thanks

Richie@
05-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Is this the controller you are asking about.

http://www.digitalavnew.com/UPBprodTIM-01.htm

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-06-2012, 08:43 PM
That looks like the same controller / scheduler that Simply Automated uses. I am hoping to learn more about the PCS Pulseworx unit:

Steve Atkinson
05-07-2012, 03:16 PM
On a side note, if you did not know, Simply Automated scheduler/timer has a new software package that allows complete setup and modification of all components without having to use a computer and the UpStart program. And this unit also has a built-in noise meter.

Nice tool for those who do not want to take their laptop into the field.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Steve, is this a new firmware update for the SA controller scheduler or a new piece of hardware?

Steve Atkinson
05-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Same UCS-01 controller but new firmware that comes ready to use in newly-ordered units.

For existing units already in the field, there is also an upgrade package that can be loaded from the SAI website.

S&MLL
05-08-2012, 12:31 AM
On a side note, if you did not know, Simply Automated scheduler/timer has a new software package that allows complete setup and modification of all components without having to use a computer and the UpStart program. And this unit also has a built-in noise meter.

Nice tool for those who do not want to take their laptop into the field.

Would rather use my laptop and upstart then try and use those tiny buttons on the module. Laptops are cheap. I keep one under the seat. Its nice to read pdfs sometimes. Even my huge droid phone can be a pain reading lengthy diagrams.