PDA

View Full Version : Ransoms Bobcat

imalandscper
12-19-2002, 08:20 PM
Anyone have any luck with these machines? i demoed alot
of machines and i liked them alot....right now i run a set of scag
walk behinds that i love dearly.
They cut awsome and strip incredibly. A little nervouse about
leaving orange and going green but they relly cut nice.

Happy Cuttings

Oliver1850
12-19-2002, 08:32 PM
There are allot of guys running the Bobcat in my neck of the woods. I haven't heard anything negative about the product and they seem to stripe well.

Personally I run a Scag Tiger Cub. Part for part the Scag is the hands down winner. How about dealer support? I have an excellent Scag dealer but no Bobcat dealers taht I am aware of.

wmsland
12-19-2002, 08:42 PM
I bought a 48" Bunton hydro walk behind this past spring it's a great mower. Almost identical to the Bobcat same manufacturer, go for it you can't go wrong.

Tony Harrell
12-19-2002, 08:48 PM
No complaints here. I love my Bob-Cat. A lot of other guys in this region must love them also because I've seen them all over this area, much more than any other one manufacturer.

Simply Green
12-19-2002, 09:07 PM
I bought a ZT223 this year.This machine cuts awesome and stripes great without any stripe kit,although they do make a stripe kit for it.I've used several mowers in the past but this one is the best yet.I looked at Exmarks also and these two machines cut about the same.I just found the Bob-cat to be cheaper in price.The John Deere dealer here wanted around $7800 before tax for a ZT223(Kawasaki 23hp with a 61" deck)but a Kubota dealer 20 minutes away sold me one for $6700 brand new.It's the lastest model out with the wider rear tires.The wide rear tires help reduce turf scuffing and I also run a little lower air pressure than what's recomended.Buy this machine,you want regret it.So you can compare prices,the Bob-cat with a 19hp Kawa...51" cut was around $6,000 so for $700 more dollars I got 10 more inches of cut plus 4 more horsepower.Hope you get a deal like me.If you have any questions,e-mail me or pm me either one.I'll be glad to help ya

Doc Pete
12-19-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by imalandscper
Anyone have any luck with these machines? i demoed alot
of machines and i liked them alot....right now i run a set of scag
walk behinds that i love dearly.
They cut awsome and strip incredibly. A little nervouse about
leaving orange and going green but they relly cut nice. Happy Cuttings

Bobcats are very light and easy to manuever. Howver, because of the light weight the front end comes up very easily with a velky on it. Also, the way the deck is designed there is a fair amount of front blowout when doing leaves, or using a bagger. FWIW, and to be a broken record, if you want stay with WB's, (like me) find a Hustler dealer. I did 3 years ago, and thank God I did.
Pete

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape
12-19-2002, 09:30 PM
i have the 52" z bobcat I LOVE IT.Ill buy a walk behind bob cat next year.:D

imalandscper
12-19-2002, 10:51 PM
i guess i should have said ztr's. yes the scags are walk behinds but i have picked up so much work that i cannot afford to run them anymore. The bobcat has a smaller engine than some of the competitors but it does not slack in the deep grass. I am gonna purchase on new machine for my mom (business partner) (and man can she work!) she picked out a used 48" a little smaller for her rookie needs on a ztr but i am looking at a 52". we are doing alot of apartment complexes and i think that that setup (48" and 52") are gonna be a good match. The 48 is a rear bag unit with the hopper mounted permanent on the rear. i used that mowwer for half the season before i made a choice on it and it performed awsome...infact i cut the pastures down for our horses when we got them and it chewed the 2 foot grass/weeds nicely. i was very impressed. And leave pickup is just awsome with that machine. And for dealer support. I think that if he would let me take an unpaid for machine for 3 months he will stand behind me 100%... i have bought all my stihl saws from him along with my echo blowers and am gonna purchase two slit booms (echo of course) from him in the spring. (signed some nice conracts)....thanks for all the input guys.....and apperciate all the more i can get.

Happy Cuttings and LET IT SNOW!!!!!!