PDA

View Full Version : Rain Day

Lawn132012
05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Not sure about everyone else but not only did it rain but then when I thought it was over with I bought everyone in to start and then got hit with the rain again.

I am not complaining as we need the rain but can it either just rain all day or rain and then STOP for the day so I can better plan the day.

Anyone else run into this today and when it happens what do you guys do once you bring them in for a second time?

RHR101
05-03-2012, 03:22 PM
If I called them in or didn't cancel the day in time and the crew showed up, I'll give them the option. Go home and get 1 hr pay, or stay and work 1/2 day at the shop doing maintenance work.

Lawn132012
05-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Sounds good I just do not trust the GRUNTS to do the maintenance of the equipment. We generally check equipment every other day so having them stay to do that might not work for me but thank you for the idea.

What do you think of having them try to find new clients by going door to door on crappy days?

Coffeecraver
05-04-2012, 06:40 AM
If you don't let Grunts work on the equipment why do you think they would be good representatives for your company.;)

Kelly's Landscaping
05-04-2012, 07:54 AM
That's easy some guys I have had are really good at mowing but have 0 or less then 0 ability's working on the equipment. And it's not a question of training you could teach me Greek all year long I am never going to pick it up. I remember one such guy I had to drive to several dealers and stores that day and was gone 5 hours when I returned this 15 year vet had managed to do 3-4 oil chances that was it. Last day he ever worked on equipment.

32vld
05-04-2012, 10:55 AM
It's called weather.com then go to hourly forcast then plan to call or not call in the crew.