PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a yanmar Tractor for Mulch or light landscaping????

lazor-cut
05-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey i was looking at a Yanmar CL100 today at my local dealer... Looks pretty cool Gotta price on it and it seems pretty good.. I just want something that i can fill up a few wheel barrels with...Shoveling it just "ain't" cuttin' it anymore!
It would be used for light landscape like mulch and small tear outs..

Any reviews????

http://cubyanmar.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/0022.jpg

hackitdown
05-03-2012, 06:57 AM
I have a Kubota tractor which is just a little bigger with 30HP diesel. We use the loader to move dirt for lawns, or stone or rocks, or firewood. Or we use it as a forklift with bolt-on forks. I have a brush cutter that gets deployed 2 or 3 times per year. And a chipper that I use from time to time. I don't use it for mulch, I use a dumptruck and wheelbarrows.

I got mine used with 65 hours for $10K, and it came with the bushhog.

gcbailey
05-03-2012, 06:59 AM
for the price new I would go Kubota... you didn't state what the price was, so you may be getting a deal.

Darryl G
05-03-2012, 08:20 AM
I don't understand why you would fill wheelbarrows with it. I have a John Deere and use it as a wheelbarrow. I have turf tires on it though.

RHR101
05-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I have a Massey that looks about the same size, and it's great for small landscape work. It really comes in handy in fininshed areas where it's tight and you don't want to do damage. May not be great at filling wheelbarrows though because the loader is wider than the wheelbarrel and alot just falls over the sides. Put a set of turf tires on it and it could be the wheelbarrow. The tires look like R4's and not Ag's so they might be fine if you go easy on turf. I have a bunch of attachments for mine for smaller jobs and thats where it starts to pay off.

RHR101
05-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Don't have any experience with this model though. You may want to look at all your options. There are a few companies making similar sized tracors.

lazor-cut
05-03-2012, 01:32 PM
yeah the price is $14,500. Comes with the front loader backhoe ad turf tires. We would also be using this loader as a wheel barrel. I was thinking that i could fill up like 3 wheel barrels at a time for those areas where the loader cant fit.

My dealer aggreed to give me a discount on the attachments if i buy the loader. I will need the snowblower and brush mower. I'll call arout the Kubota but i dont know!

gcbailey
05-03-2012, 02:20 PM
It's not new is it? Because I'm pretty sure that the Cub Cadet/Yanmar deal fell through to an extent and now Yanmar is back with their own branded machines. If it's a "new" holdover that's a pretty good price. My neighbor just got a kubota BX2350 w/FEL, backhoe, 54" MM finish mower and turfs all around for $14k even.

edit -

Here's yanmar's new site....basically the same tractor without the "cub cadet" logos. http://us.yanmar.com/products/agriculture/

Darryl G
05-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Backhoes on that sized machine, although useful at times, are pretty limited in what they can do and they aren't exactly cheap. Don't expect to be digging out any sizeable tree stumps with it.

chrisvinky
05-05-2012, 12:21 AM
I just bought an LS Tractor G3038 this week. 38 hp...loader that has a 1900 lb. capacity (Kubota similar size is 1300 lb.)...shuttle shift for $14,900.

We used it today to put down 6 ton of river rock. Took 3 hours start to finish with me running the loader and one guy raking it out. Throw in a couple breaks...not too bad!

So far I have been very impressed with the quality of the tractor. I know a guy that sells implements for a living. He told me that there are only about 3 companies that make tractors under 100 hp anymore...Kubota, Yanmar and LS

LS rebrands theirs for New Holland, McCormick, Case, Montana, and some more.

White Gardens
05-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Skip the tractor and get a mini-skid.

Way more productive and can get into tighter places.

corey4671
05-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Why do you need a snowblower in shovel tn? Haha
Posted via Mobile Device

cheapcuts1
05-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Spread 30 tons of 3/8 pea gravel with this Kioti 20Hp today . 50 inch bucket .Was 15k new . Bad ass little machine

LHS Lawns
05-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Used my John Deere 3520 37 HP tractor to install 4 yds of topsoil in some new flower beds.

Just scooped it off the trailer and I was done in no time. No wear and tear on the shoulders or knees either.

In the tight spots where I could only dump at an angle I just set the wheel barrow under the bucket to catch some of it to keep it from going on the lawn.

I was pleased how well it all worked out.

LHS Lawns
05-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Pic of my JD 3520

lazor-cut
05-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Pic of my JD 3520

Do you find those tires tearing up the lawn?? Compared to actual "slicks" with little to no tread?

LHS Lawns
05-16-2012, 06:59 AM
No problem at all. I've never had an issue even when making tight turns.