PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Walk Behind/Auto Reverse?

CozyHollow
05-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Started my own business this year. Equipment listed under avatar. Landscaped for 10 years or so back in late 80's early 90's and even became a foreman. Ran Scag and Snapper walk behinds back then.

I was working today (my day job) and saw this guy on a 36" with a velke. All I can say is the mower was red because it was 100 feet away or so. This guy went backwards without stopping. I was like WTF??? So I watched some more...I'll be damn, he went backwards/reverse without missing a beat.

So since most of you have been in this industry for a long time...what gives? My Snapper Pro Express only goes in reverse when I stop, lock the handles out and PUT it in reverse...OH, and 2 week ago I saw another guy on a 52" Scag and he did the same damn thing so when I saw this guy on a 36" hittin reverse without stopping or missing a beat I just had to ask...anyone know the deal with this "new" (new to me) walk behind auto reverse? Thanks.

cgaengineer
05-03-2012, 09:15 PM
It was a Toro with T2 controls...IMHO they are the best controls of any mower. You can go from forward to reverse by simply pulling back on levers...no gears just like a ZTR controls.
Posted via Mobile Device

CozyHollow
05-03-2012, 09:52 PM
It was a Toro with T2 controls...IMHO they are the best controls of any mower. You can go from forward to reverse by simply pulling back on levers...no gears just like a ZTR controls.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks man, cause I googled and found nothing...man it looked SO SMOOTH. Now do they have 5 speeds like other walk behinds do?

Man, I was really hoping for more customers by now. Got a handful of mulch and clean outs but...oh well, I know it takes time and PLENTY of advertising. I need to be patient and save my A$$ off so i can upgrade for next season.

Thanks again! :drinkup:

cgaengineer
05-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks man, cause I googled and found nothing...man it looked SO SMOOTH. Now do they have 5 speeds like other walk behinds do?

Man, I was really hoping for more customers by now. Got a handful of mulch and clean outs but...oh well, I know it takes time and PLENTY of advertising. I need to be patient and save my A$$ off so i can upgrade for next season.

Thanks again! :drinkup:

No gears, the further you depress the faster it goes...it's exactly like a ZTR.
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
05-03-2012, 10:08 PM
It could have been any red hydro mower. Any hyrdo mower allows you to go to instant reverse, not just the Toro T2.

metro36
05-03-2012, 10:08 PM
I think you just mean hydro walk behinds in general. Any hydro can go from forward to reverse without stopping. There are no gears to change. They operate just the way any commerical z turn does.

CozyHollow
05-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Well being outta the Biz for 14 years sure does have its disadvantages. I got all my "skills" but am a little ******ed when it comes to the new equipment. Maybe it was those companies I worked for? Maybe they had that back 10+ years ago? Anyway, thanks for the "schooling"...can't wait to get me some!