PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee County area in Ga?

nlminc
12-20-2002, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone,
I just sold my business here in Ma and will be moving to Ga in January. I was wondering if there are any members in the area that would like to hire and experienced worker!?! Actually, I would like to start my own lawn care business in the near future......just looking for local people that may be willing to share some advice.

How many customers on average would you think I could pick up in a season.....not lowballing?

Also, I have 2 2000 DC's with 26hp diesels 72"cutting decks. Is there a good market for them in GA? Have an 8x20 enclosed to sell also....was thinking of leaving them here and letting a friend sell them rather than moving them South.

thanks,
Chris

J&R
12-20-2002, 08:18 PM
We Georgia boys welcome you down here. email me any time

The Mowerdude
12-20-2002, 10:10 PM
I lived in Woodstock, Ga. back in the 80s. I was working in construction at the time. I don't have any idea how many LCOs there are, but I've got to tell you, that if I ever get tired of Nashville, it's my next choice. There are subdivisions on subdivisions. There must be thousands of them in and around Woodstock. Actually from Alpharetta all the way to Kennesaw. It has to be a good area.

cutting edge
12-23-2002, 10:23 AM
My mother-in-law is from Cherokee county. That place has changed a lot since I first started going there in 1989. The cow pasture down the road from my wife's grandaddy's farm now has a Publix grocery store and a Burger King. You should find plenty of business there. Good look getting your foot in the door.

Derek

nlminc
12-25-2002, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the replys.
J&R, I'll be sending you an email! What town are you located in?

Are there any turf/landscape shows coming to the area over then next few months?

Merry Christmas!!

Chris

muddstopper
12-25-2002, 10:14 PM
The Green Industry is having a show in Athens Ga jan. 23,24,25. Thats not to far from Cherokee County.

gamoose
12-26-2002, 09:06 AM
Buddy,
Just bring your equipment or get it once you arrive. There's more work in Cherrokee County than you can shake a stick it.
There is also a dealer expo, this January in Marrietta call Bell's Ferry Ace 770-926-0957 for details. I wouldn't work for someone else, just a little initiative and alot of work marketting you should be able to get rolling. Most homeowners don't want to mow after July. I do!!!!!!! email me if you have any other questions.

HOMER
12-26-2002, 09:39 AM
I sure wouldn't sell the equipment or the trailer. Finding work in Ga. is just like finding it where your at........just gotta get after it and find it! At least when you do you have the tools to do it with. Now you might have to take some voice lessons to be accepted down here in the south;) but that too will also come with time.

Good luck with the move, you'll be alright.

Indiana
12-26-2002, 10:14 AM
I agree with all the others, that work is available in that area. Definately stay with your own equipment and abilities.

GGIA (Green Industry) has a website for their show in Athens.
www.ggia.org Click the WinterGreen link. (The name of their show this year.)

I have a brother in law their in Alpharetta. I tried to get to start something down there and get away from his type of work. So far he hasn't done it, but talks about it.

MPhillips
12-26-2002, 02:59 PM
If you're interested in supervising an install crew or an irrigation install/repair crew...let me know. I need to bring a good guy on board...Cherokee County and that whole NW Georgia area is very busy...not yet saturated, but already price competitive in the service sector of residential maintenance, and I think it'll only be getting more competitive driving prices down. Good luck in God's country...PS if you move to Kennesaw you'll need to own a gun, by law. haha