PDA

View Full Version : Exmark TT vs.TTHP

Lake'Lawn Care
12-20-2002, 08:00 PM
I am currently debating the purchase of either a TT with a 23hp kaw or the TTHP with the 17hp engine. If I go with the larger turf tracer with a 52inch cut, will I be able to match the striping close enough to my 15hp Viking Hydro with a 48 inch deck. Or should I stick with the 48 inch deck and get the TTHP with less horsepower. Any responses would be helpful. Thanks, Corey
Lake's Lawn Care

lawncare3
12-20-2002, 11:24 PM
MORE POWER I'm P----- off now that i bought the 14hp instead. Trust me you will be greatful you bought the more power. Hope you do well -Good Luck

crazygator
12-20-2002, 11:53 PM
I have the TTHP 36" with 15HP Kawasaki. It is a very balanced machine. However I would not even consider adding another spindle and blade and then trying to run the whole machine with only 2 more HP.

If you need the walk behind in a 52" or 60" get the 23HP, you will always want more power. If you get it up front then you cant complain too much. if you dont, then it will always be "Now why didnt I get more HP when I could?"

I cant see the issue of matching stripes even coming into play either. We are talking very different sized machines. If you need the smaller one, well you already have it, so use it in gates and ditches and smaller area's the large one might not fit. Use the larger one as often as you can, this will save you time and make you more money in the long run.

Heck, for a very small difference why not consider instead of the Exmark 52" walk behind, go with the Lazer HP 52"? Just another thought. You already have the small mower, then you could have a small foot print Z, with the ability to do much larger area's at a much more comfy pace. Plus add the Ultravac and you would have an awesome set up all the way around.

Of course this is just my thoughts. You do what you need to, and what you can afford. Please do not let me nor anyone else here ever tell you what to do.

grassdaddy
12-20-2002, 11:53 PM
trucks or mowers,theres no such thing as too much power!!