PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying wall block

TomG
05-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Hi guys I need some help identifying some wall block, that we have on a job. The home had an addition and the wall was taken down by the excavator and now we need to put it back up. We didn't see the wall before being taken down. I have never seen wall block like this and quite frankly it puzzles me how you put it together... Anyone know what it is? And if you have worked with it and you can give me some building tips that would be great!

Picture 1: Block on side, front facing bottom of picture. Block has a groove on one side and a nub on the other.

Picture 2: Face of block pointing up. Block has a groove on one side and is flat on the other.

Picture 3: Same block as picture 2 just on its side, front facing bottom of picture.

Picture 4: Just showing the back of the block. Everyone looks like this, has a strange groove in it shaped like a "V"

Picture 5: Face is facing up, slightly larger than the last blocks, has a groove on one side and flat on the other.

Picture 6: Face is facing the bottom of the picture, its a very skinny block (no its not cut) has a groove on one side and flat on the other.

The block in picture 1 make sense to put together but all the other ones are are flat on the top...:hammerhead: So they would have no interlock. There is about 15 pallets of all this material so it is a good sized wall. Any ideas????:confused:

terracon
05-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Roman Pisa, Unilock/Risi Stone.

zedosix
05-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Yes, this is a half block of roman pisa. I haven't seen them in years.

TomG
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

amscapes03
05-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Getting in on this conversation almost a week late but........i'd agree that it's Roman Pisa. In our area Tom, it's probably made by Ideal.