PDA

View Full Version : Equipment trailer rims

OhioMowerGuy
05-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey guys im getting ready to buy a new 14k gvw equipment trailer. My question is should I get steel or aluminum rims for it? It'll be sitting outside alot for now til I build a big pole barn someday, so that leans me towards aluminum for the no rust reason. What are the pro's and con's of steel vs aluminum trailer rims? Thanks

PlantscapeSolutions
05-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey guys im getting ready to buy a new 14k gvw equipment trailer. My question is should I get steel or aluminum rims for it? It'll be sitting outside alot for now til I build a big pole barn someday, so that leans me towards aluminum for the no rust reason. What are the pro's and con's of steel vs aluminum trailer rims? Thanks

It's pretty rare to see anything but steels mods on HD trailers.

OhioMowerGuy
05-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Ya it wouldnt have crossed my mind but I saw it as a option on the manufacturers website

agrostis
05-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Get steel rim's. On a 14k trailer you need maximum strength. And i'll bet they are cheaper. As long as they are painted rust shoudn't be a issue.

Kelly's Landscaping
05-08-2012, 05:43 PM
http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/Trailer-Wheels_c_41.html Your find everything you ever wanted for trailer rims here and yea you can get some with sick ratings. Just saw one that was over 6000 pounds per rim.

mjlcare2
05-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Aluminum is stronger than steel for one, so Agrostis is out. They are stronger because aluminum wheels are machined instead of cast so they also roll better and provide a smoother, even ride which will save you tires also. They are a bit more expensive in most cases but totally worth it.. They look good too!

excav8ter
05-13-2012, 11:21 AM
I just ordered a new Towmaster TC12D and I would love to get aluminum wheels for it.

mjlcare2
05-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Discount Tire, Find your local shop, or buy them online with free shipping.. Tires.com/ DiscountTiredirect.com

Bar far the best price and some pretty awesome looking rims, I have aluminum wheels on ALL of my trailers.. They look killer and I get comments all the time, pretty sure it has landed us some jobs too.. people associate nice equipment/trailers with quality work