PDA

View Full Version : gravely

mac43rn
12-21-2002, 01:50 AM
I have had the 36" Pro G and Pro H. Quite possibly the biggest piece of s&*t on the market. They were so bad Gravely bought the units back from me. Good luck.

Evan528
12-21-2002, 03:04 AM
I have a 1996 gravely 36 walk behind that has been exellent! Not a single problem since new.....nothing! I couldnt ask for a more dependable machine. What problems have you experienced?

lawncare3
12-21-2002, 03:42 AM
I have had the 36" Pro G and Pro H. Quite possibly the biggest piece of s&*t on the market. They were so bad Gravely bought the units back from me. Good luck.
Sounds like crap to me.

Mowingman
12-21-2002, 10:36 AM
mac,
Did'n you have a thread about your trouble with the Gravelys earlier this year? What were the SPECIFIC problems you had? What did Gravely end up doing about it? What did you get to replace the Gravely? A local dealer here just started selling Gravely and they look pretty good. However, this latest post of yours reminded me of an earlier thread about Gravely problems. I want to know what to look for and ask about before I go talk to them.:)

mac43rn
12-21-2002, 03:34 PM
I really did not mean to start a new thread, I was trying to reply to someone who had question regarding the gravely wb's. You are correct, I am the one who had all kinds of trouble last year with the new gravely's. I had an engine issue (oil leaking) and major belt problems. First I was told the gravely gear drive would pull me (200 lbs) on my proslide. Not the case. But the major issue came with all the belts breaking with less then 3-4 hours on the machine. Had all kinds of issues with the blade belt. They decided to give me a "deal" and upgrade to the hydro with some additional money from me. I decided to do this and once again had all kinds of issues with the belts breaking. I actually lost a few accounts as my dealer had no loaner. I eventually had all my money returned, but lost several accounts. I will never own another piece of gravely equipment. I ended up with an exmark tthp 36" and have had 0 problems. Word of advice, don't let $500 sway you from buying a piece of equipment. The tthp is an amazing machine.

KDJ
12-21-2002, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mac43rn
[B]I really did not mean to start a new thread, I was trying to reply to someone who had question regarding the gravely wb's.

That was Gravely's new pro steer system. Was looking for someone that had hands on use of it. (pro-steer system).