PDA

View Full Version : Ferris 32 Hydro...have you seen one yet?

GarPA
12-21-2002, 08:02 AM
Some time ago I posted one here mentioning the new Ferris 32 Hydro. Neither dealer in my area has one yet ....but I like the idea of that design so was wondering if any of you have yet seen one at a dealer and what your impressions were?? thanks....

Heller Landscaping
12-21-2002, 08:37 AM
I stoped in at my dealer and he did not have it in yet but would be soon. I ask him how long it was and he found out that it was about eight feet long. To big for my enclosed trailer. Although it seemed to be a great machine.:)

GarPA
12-21-2002, 08:40 AM
bummer....I too am afraid it will be too long becuase of how they have to offset the blades

MONTE
12-21-2002, 01:43 PM
Is that machine a single drive hydro or a dual drive?

bubble boy
12-21-2002, 03:46 PM
yeah, i've seen it. my dealer has one, from what i saw...

castors were flimsy. dealer says it is because its a light machine, but still. handlebars also look flimsy-perhaps that won't matter.

deck cover not really a cover at all. expect grass to get into the belt area...this already happens quite bad on a 36" ferris (although i have had no prob due to that)

long machine-i believe longer than the 36", and almost as wide- specs are on the web site. whats the point?

does have decent power and web site says 5.5 in reverse, a lot of speed to back up.

now i couldn't drive this machine, but i asked about the steering. no hand brakes...if you are familiar with the SD 36" you steer with the brakes. this model i'm told you just "maneouver" the machine. sound like a pain, if anyone has tried it maybe they can confirm or deny. to me this steering system is the biggest concern.