PDA

View Full Version : Toro Mowers?

lancetaylor
12-21-2002, 10:05 AM
I'm starting up a new dealership and have had suggestions to look at Toro ZTR & WB mowers, which I'm strongly considering.

Already sold by the competition is: ExMark, Encore, Walker, Grasshopper, Gravely, Ferris, and Deere.

That leaves: Scag, Hustler, Great Dane, Dixie, Husqvarna, and Toro as the major choices.

I'm interested in opinions on how Toro would sell both quality and pricewise verses the competitions brands.

Thanks
Lance

cajuncutter
12-21-2002, 10:14 AM
Hustler!! They have a very large selection of equipment. You will still need to find another brand for belt driven walkbehinds. The only walkbehind that I am aware of that Hustler makes is a hydro and even though I am a fan of there products to me it is a bit pricey. Good luck!!

One other thing to consider. Here in my city the city has been buying hustler equipment for the crews that do the city properties and also the city owned golf courses. They have equip for just about any application, perhapse you could get a city contract on equipment sales;)

MONTE
12-21-2002, 01:49 PM
I live near springfield mo. and toro has a factory store here. You almost never see any of there machines and when you do it is usually a 36" gear drive walk. When toro set the store up I remember going to there open house and hearing them boast about how they were going to turn the town red, that was 5yrs. ago. and the area is still dominated by silver and black. The only machines here that are having an definte impact in sales is the hustler and the bladerunner. The dixie domination has defintly been affected by these two companies, but dixie is still the most seen machine.

DLCS
12-21-2002, 02:38 PM
I would give Toro a try for my main product line. The reason why I say this is that you want deversity. Toro sells alot of homeowner equipment. I wouldn't want to sell only commercial because most homeowners do not need commercial. Toro also sells alot of equipmet to golf courses. I wouldn't rely on only one type of customer. I have two friends that have dealership one has Simplicity and the other has Toro as their main product lines. Also, from what they tell me is they make alot more off repairs on homeowner equipment than sales. Just my .02

Mike
DLCS

Green King
12-21-2002, 06:31 PM
I would agree that toro has a complete line with homeowner and some commercial machines. I have been looking around at machines and looked at toro and they did not have anything that Intrests me at this time.