PDA

View Full Version : Colorado

lawncare3
12-21-2002, 01:24 PM
I have to move to colarado next spring.:cry: Is snow removal a good business down there? Are customers easy to get? ANY feedback please would be greatly appreciated!

GLS
12-21-2002, 02:22 PM
Where in Colorado?

lawncare3
12-21-2002, 07:37 PM
DENVER

lawncare3
12-21-2002, 10:18 PM
Can someone please put some feedback?

Curb Appeal
12-22-2002, 01:05 AM
Good Luck in Denver. I think you will find plenty of work there. Lawn care is very profitable and the city seems to grow over night. My family and I just moved from Denver to SW Florida for family reasons. Had to leave my business behind and start over. I could probably give you more advice via email if you like. (Curbappeallawnbiz@earthlink.net) There are some difficulties with the snow removal industry you should become aware of.

Bob Minney
12-22-2002, 10:34 AM
East side of city had 1 plowable event so far this season. West side (next to foothills) may have had more. TV news had an interview with plow operator the other day and he said business was off 70% this year. Last few years I see 20 ads in paper for used plows instead of 1-3. If we had any water for boats they could and would be sold for anchors.
You are doing well if you can plow 10X a year in the city. Go 20-30 miles west into mountains and you could get 30-60X. Lots of areas in the metro area have small lots ans short drives, you might do better with a snow blower to start.

GraZZmaZter
12-22-2002, 11:25 AM
Go to a search engine, and type in "Landscaping in Denver" This will get you pointed in the right direction. A fellow LCO was doing work out there, until he moved back 3 years ago. He said it is growing so fast that he had more work than he could handle. Thats just his opinion though. I would talk to several people from the area. I would like to get out there some day and open some kind of business.

DanaMac
12-22-2002, 11:48 AM
If you rely on plowing in Denver, you will lose your ***. It can be feast or famine. If you have it as an additional service to your landscape/lawn company, it can still be stressful. We can get 1-2 decent storms early, then it can be dry as a bone until March. We did get a blizzard mid-Oct '97. Had more than 3 feet in Colorado Springs. Hour south of Denver. Denver got buried also. But if I remember right we didn't get much more until spring.

MTN Mower
12-22-2002, 11:30 PM
I agree with the others. Don't plan on relying on plowing in the Denver area for income. They're not joking when they say 300+ days of sun here.:cool: Denver area is growing by leaps and bounds, so maybe it will be better for lawncare, landscaping business. Still, I know they say in Washington that the economy is on the upswing, but they obviously have not visited the Front range lately. So, unfortunatly it will be a little difficult to make a go here. Too many people lost thier jobs in the tech industry and decided to push a mower for a living:(