PDA

View Full Version : CAST Lighting Wins Highest Award at Light Fair!

steveparrott
05-10-2012, 11:52 AM
News Flash! Yesterday was a big day for CAST at Light Fair. Our CAST LED Perimeter Lighting System (http://www.cast-lighting.com/products/fixtures/led-landscape-lighting-fixtures/232/) won the Light Fair's highest award - Most Innovative Product of the Year!

http://www.lightfair.com/lightfair/V40/press.cvn?id=11&p_id=303

More on this later.

S&MLL
05-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Congrats guys. Glad its a big hit for cast
Posted via Mobile Device

LLC RI
05-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Congrats to CAST... I know that a lot went into developing the LED modules. I haven't checked out the perimeter lighting system yet, but did just take on 50 of the new LED tree lights... so I'm hopeful that these are going to make my job look awesome.

steveparrott
05-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks Guys,

The interest in our new Perimeter Light was overwhelming! Our booth was mobbed all day.

Here's a short video from Light Fair - some quick clips of accepting the award and an interview with Dave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMfxEgg6Z60

indylights
05-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Steve,

Congradulations. Hopefully Cast will have much success with the product. If it matches the quality and innovations of your LED landscape lighting line, (which is pretty evident it does by receiving the award), I'm sure you will.

Scott Maloney
Sunflower Landscapes

The Lighting Geek
05-13-2012, 04:18 PM
congratulations to Cast for job well done! I am (and probably others) anxious to see the winning item.

steveparrott
05-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks Guys,

I introduced the winning fixture, our LED Perimeter Light, to the forum about a month ago. It's designed to be mounted every 20 or 30 ft. on chain link fences to provide a continuous highly targeted perimeter light that can extend several hundred feet along a single low voltage wire.

Here's a comment from the judges:

“never has so little light done so much work. This is a simple solution which could be adopted in nearly all applications with a fence! It leverages the best benefits of LED – low voltage operation, optical efficiency, small size and long life for a truly robust security lighting solution."

Interest at the booth was enormous - some possible projects: embassies, the Mexico/US border fence, airports, parks, prisons, construction yards and so on.

I hope all my forum friends will be on the lookout for these (and other) kinds of fence lighting projects. There's no reason why you can't be proactive and propose this innovative low voltage perimeter lighting to every business or organization in your region that has a fence! This could be a new income source for your business.

We'll have training seminars soon. I'll keep you updated.

David Gretzmier
05-17-2012, 02:38 AM
steve- congrats on the award. I missed the intro on the light, and was curious if you had any photos of the light in use. the photos on the website look cgi. I was also amazed at the cost of trans and fixture- very reasonable ! show me a fence, I may find myself selling a cast product!

any specs on watts used or lumen output, color temp, and lit circle from atop a standard 6 foot chain link fence? did not see that on website as well. thanks, dave g

steveparrott
05-17-2012, 10:07 AM
steve- congrats on the award. I missed the intro on the light, and was curious if you had any photos of the light in use. the photos on the website look cgi. I was also amazed at the cost of trans and fixture- very reasonable ! show me a fence, I may find myself selling a cast product!

any specs on watts used or lumen output, color temp, and lit circle from atop a standard 6 foot chain link fence? did not see that on website as well. thanks, dave g

Thanks.

Here's a link to product details and specs (http://www.cast-lighting.com/__userfiles/file/documents/cast_perimeter_system_brochure-npr.pdf).

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
05-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Hi Steve. The one weakness in this perimeter security lighting system that leaps out at me is how it would be wired up and connected. With exposed wiring threaded through or along the perimeter fence, it would be pretty easy for anyone to simply clip the wire, shutting the security lighting down. Doing so at the beginning of the circuit would disable the entire perimeter.

Perhaps you guys could come up with some sort of armored cable system for this application? (I am thinking of BX interior wire, or tek cable for exterior applications, combined with a permanent connection such as LightingShrink, Buchanan Crimps or even ACE connectors.)

Kudos to CAST for the Award.

steveparrott
05-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Hi Steve. The one weakness in this perimeter security lighting system that leaps out at me is how it would be wired up and connected. With exposed wiring threaded through or along the perimeter fence, it would be pretty easy for anyone to simply clip the wire, shutting the security lighting down. Doing so at the beginning of the circuit would disable the entire perimeter.

Perhaps you guys could come up with some sort of armored cable system for this application? (I am thinking of BX interior wire, or tek cable for exterior applications, combined with a permanent connection such as LightingShrink, Buchanan Crimps or even ACE connectors.)

The exposed wiring may seem to be a concern, but if you look at how security fences are constructed you'll see that it's nearly impossible to get hands and cutting tools in position to cut the wires. Horizontal and vertical pipes are inside the chain link - you can't get a cutting tool through the links to cut a wire that's been secured to the back of the pipe (we've tried it). In regions where the wire may be accessible, metal or PVC conduit can be used and attached to the unit's junction box.

Irrigation Contractor
05-20-2012, 12:35 AM

I think this statement is somewhat "grasping at straws" to find an issue with the system. Everyone knows that if potential thieves want it, they will most likely get it.

I am sure one of your selling points to ALL of your own lighting customers is security right? Do you hide your transformers? Even if you lock the transformer they can easily be unplugged. Any good thief could cut the wire in the ground also.

The point is to use light to deter any thief and send them down the road to the next one.

I am not trying to be hard on you, but your comment just struck me the wrong way. Let CAST take and enjoy a great achievement for once! LOL

I am very interested in the perimeter system to help expand the viewing distance of our security cameras. This will make a great project for the guys on a rainy or slow day.