PDA

View Full Version : Turfdog barks.

turfdog21
12-21-2002, 05:54 PM
First let me start by saying it's good to be back. Sometimes the loss of a freedom that's been taken for granted, never bears reality until access to an institution, be it physical or spiritual is denied. I never intended to allow my personal feelings to cloud any response. I should have shown more wisdom. I was wrong.

This is a very good site. Even an indepth search, at least in my oppinion, failed to find anything similar to what this site offers. Speed of response alone is a major highlight. Yes my friends, this is where you want to be if your quest is cyber-info pertaining to our industry.

My writing style, while not enjoyed by some, is something I'm developing. I try to take at least 95% off the top of my head, pertaining to facts, so please don't hold me to any. What you get from me is 30-plus years of experience and a thirst for knowledge.

We need a serious thread on the science of this business. An ethereal, brainstorming, thought provoking, thread. The kind you think about long after the computer is turned off. The kind that makes you dust off those books. And be that much better for it.

But, where do we start? What are the "big three" (questions) when it comes to our industry? We should conduct a poll and at the very least, find out what we need to talk about. The only stupid question is that one never asked. Anyone interested?

Administrator
12-21-2002, 06:03 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37338

Here is a good one

KirbysLawn
12-22-2002, 10:28 AM
Welcome back. Click that New thread button, start a topic and see what happens, as creative as you are I'm sure you will not have a problem.

Pacific Nursery
12-24-2002, 08:31 AM
I have more to learn than I feel I could offer, but topics We need a serious thread on the science of this business. An ethereal, brainstorming, thought provoking, thread. The kind you think about long after the computer is turned off. The kind that makes you dust off those books. And be that much better for it. of this nature are sure to help new and old alike.

crawdad
12-24-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by turfdog21
First let me start by saying it's good to be back. ..........
You were gone? Where'd ya go?
Crawdad

LAWNS AND MOWER
12-24-2002, 03:39 PM
Believe gary got banned for a few days for flaming. Kinda like being put in time out!! I feel as if Gary has much to offer.

turfdog21
12-24-2002, 04:08 PM
Yep, and probably the best thing that's happened to me on this site. No, that's not true. I've learned a whole lot reading countless threads. I'm going through a tough time right now. This divorse is gonna ruin me. I'm not very ethereal these days.

Ah man, I don't know where to start. I don't want to come across as a space-shot. Nor do I want to be a pompous *** that thinks he knows everything. (I'm not even close to understanding the true meaning of this industry)

But, I'd love to help.