PDA

View Full Version : trailier question

noahb195
05-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Is it possible to get three 60" ztrs on a 20' trailer?

Kelly's Landscaping
05-13-2012, 06:38 PM
My gut says yes figure 7 feet each so 21 feet but the front casters wrap around the rear of the mower in front and that one does the same. Should be able to shave a foot or 2 that way but you can for get about any bagging systems what so ever on that set up.

noahb195
05-13-2012, 07:17 PM
My gut says yes figure 7 feet each so 21 feet but the front casters wrap around the rear of the mower in front and that one does the same. Should be able to shave a foot or 2 that way but you can for get about any bagging systems what so ever on that set up.

I was thinking that a 22ft trailer would do the job. But all the trailer sites that i have looked at dont make a 22ft. Unless you get the custom.

gcbailey
05-13-2012, 07:38 PM
I saw a guy around Knoxville last year who had what looked like 3-60" on a smaller trailer, they were all humping each other, sorda like how you see some ATVs going down the road. I think it would be pretty hard to do with a 1500lb ZTR all the time though.

knox gsl
05-13-2012, 07:44 PM
There is a crew here in knoxville with 3 dixies on a 7x16 trailer. They turn them sideways.
Posted via Mobile Device

noahb195
05-13-2012, 08:28 PM
There is a crew here in knoxville with 3 dixies on a 7x16 trailer. They turn them sideways.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow that just seems like such a hassle. I would just spend an extra thousand or so to get a bigger trailer. But i guess if it works and makes you money, more power to ya.

Kelly's Landscaping
05-13-2012, 09:13 PM
I drive a 20 foot trailer then add in 5 feet of tongue and 23 feet of truck and I am 48 feet long. I can tell you its not fun and you always need to be on alert. My lazers have trac vac systems so there a hair under 9 feet each. But I think the place for you to start is what make and model of ztr are you planning on then get the length and see of they can over lap a little and how much. You asked if it can fit and it may but you want to be certain so measure and calculate it before you get the trailer. When I got our 52 inch lazer and the 36 inch turf tracer hp we knew the second trailer was 12 feet. And we ran the numbers with the turf tracer up front sideways and on paper we had just enough. In reality we had 1 inch to spare so I do know something about close fits.

Duekster
05-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Z turns can turn sideways pretty easy.

noahb195
05-13-2012, 09:33 PM
I drive a 20 foot trailer then add in 5 feet of tongue and 23 feet of truck and I am 48 feet long. I can tell you its not fun and you always need to be on alert. My lazers have trac vac systems so there a hair under 9 feet each. But I think the place for you to start is what make and model of ztr are you planning on then get the length and see of they can over lap a little and how much. You asked if it can fit and it may but you want to be certain so measure and calculate it before you get the trailer. When I got our 52 inch lazer and the 36 inch turf tracer hp we knew the second trailer was 12 feet. And we ran the numbers with the turf tracer up front sideways and on paper we had just enough. In reality we had 1 inch to spare so I do know something about close fits.

I know what mowers i want: Husqvarna and hustler. I guess im just gonna look at the specs and see if alll 3 can fit on there. Thanks that was a good bit of help.