PDA

View Full Version : Truckcraft Products

imalandscper
12-22-2002, 01:34 AM
Does anyone own a truckcraft dumpbody with tailgatesalter? Well i can tell you i will never use that product again if mine ever goes...absolutely NO company suport, Very rude salesman, and an incredible lack of knowledge of the product. On my system (97) There are in-cab controls for the dump body and salter (tailgate that mounts on body w/ screw and spinner than slides in reciever). Well i had a short in a plu that leads into the pod(totally inlosed aluminum brick filled with epoxy) so as you can guess....yup....no fixing it. So i called the compnay for shematics for the plug so i can rewire...no available. Actually they said they never made it with a plug????? So i called back the next day because "Hey i can do it only 4 wires so that should be pretty easy to figure out!" Well i called them back the next day and they all of the sudden remember the plug..But, the people that build the pod(aluminum brick) are subcontractors. Truckcraft does not know what is even in them (except the computer chip i fried by trying to fix it) Cost for new pod: $1500.oo Well you see my delema. First that is alot of money just to supply power, But, there are dials to control amps applied to the two motors for the spinner and salter......well i figured out that why do i need speeds? Just gonna throw the salt a little more! So i went and bought all the things i needed to wire it up: 2-85 amp max selonoids continous duty ($60 a piece), 2 fuse holders($9 a piece) and one 50amp (for screw) and one 40amp (for spinner) fuses ($5.50 a piece) and alot of connectors and 4 gauge wire....Total Cost:$150.00 And a whole lot of pride! So if anyone has the same prob i will be glade to fax over the wireing diagram for you just leave a fax number and it will be there right away....Like i tell everyone "There is more than one way to skin a cat!". Oh and if yu get the choice....go with MaxiDump.....At least they might know what in the hell they are putting out!

Happy Cuttings and Happy Holidays

lawncare3
12-22-2002, 02:23 AM
thanks for the warning

BobR
01-09-2003, 03:10 PM
my2cents

Purchased the TC-120 Ultra, have used it (without any problems)for 7 months.. I do not have the optional spreader.. previous dump system was a ram which tilted the whole pickup box (couldn't get rid of that fast enough)..

Gravely_Man
01-09-2003, 04:13 PM
That is awful. No not that you fixed the problem that is great but the total lack of support. I will keep this in mind.

Gravely_Man

mike9497
01-14-2003, 01:39 AM
i was going to get one,but i went with a venco pickup bed dump hoist and a downeaster 1.5 yard electric spreader.i can put 5 yards of mulch in there and dump it out with know problems.2 yards of topsoil and one yard of crushed stone i have lifted with know problems also.i only use the dump feature really for fall clean-up.i just made a box to go in my bed pockets and i was set.plus i go out on dates and stuff in the winter with that truck.wasn`t big on the insert thing.had good luck with the EZ dumper i have on my other truck.downeaster also makes a spreader for those and truck craft.