PDA

View Full Version : Outfitting enclosed trailer?

fastlane
12-23-2002, 12:52 AM
I'am to ready build (or buy) racks and shelves in a 8.5x20' enclosed trailer. Have racks for trimmers,blowers,stickedger, rakes, shovels etc. Need ideas on how to store chainsaws,hedge trimmers and all the little things like lopping shears and hand tools too big for tool box.

lawncare3
12-23-2002, 01:54 AM
I think some trimmer trap holders for the smaller things would work great!;)

Darb
12-23-2002, 02:10 AM
I saw some very neat products at the Green Industry Expo for outfitting an enclosed trailer. I will try and locate some of the companies for you. One was really nice... it didn't require any drilling or anything. The shelfs were adjustable and removable. They even had a rack that would hold grease and WD40 and stuff like that.

crazygator
12-23-2002, 10:18 AM
Lowes and other hardware stores have some clips that you could use for various things. Like shovels and tools with larger handles.

You might want to make some type of sleeve that the hedge trimmers will slide down into on the wall.

Gravely_Man
12-23-2002, 10:56 AM
I wonder if it is too late to ask for an enclosed trailer for a stocking stuffer? Just kidding. That is a nice problem to have. I wish you the best of luck getting the trailer set up. I really need one.

Gravely_Man

jkkalbers
12-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Does anyone put a portable toilet in their trailers?

Mr_Marc
12-23-2002, 07:42 PM
5 gal bucket with pipe wrap for a seat. Just remember to bag the dropings.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
12-23-2002, 08:09 PM
for loppers and shears, use large, like 1 1/2 " or bigger Pipe clamps and bend them to fit your hanldles. Cheap , strong and do the job.. as for chain saws, just put shelves across the front , a top shelve just for chain saws would be nice, make it narrow so the sawss fit tight and points to strap them down.. the hedge trimmers , go to landscaperacks.com , I got some from them , work great, very simple design, but effective.. Good luck with your new toy..

ProMo
12-24-2002, 10:55 AM
for my trimmers etc i screwed two 2x4 into the wall and got some rubber coated u hooks that screw into the wood from home depot works great but i still need shelves

beck
12-24-2002, 12:25 PM
For shelves:
I used joist hangers(U-shaped with a ledge on it for a 2X4 and it screws into the wall-you can find them at any hardware store) I put 4 of those up per shelf and ran a 2X4 between them and they will really support some weight.

Here is a link to some storage racks for different equipment.
http://www.landscaperracks.com/land.htm (http://)

Personally I do not recommend the trimmer racks for trimmers, they allow for too much movement inside the rack. They do make for great BP blower holders, Take about 8-10 inches of the E-channel and use one of the trimmer holders.(We have the redmax EB7000s)