PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Kombi system

Reassurance Property
05-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Hey everyone,

I need to buy a new edger and was wondering if anyone has used the Kombi system (commercially) and what your thoughts are on it. I like the broom attachment and the cultivator but I have always been apprehensive to buying multi-use systems opposed to quality single function equipment. Thanks for your inputs.

weeze
05-17-2012, 11:38 PM
i was in the same boat but i went with the husqvarna system. 324ldx and i got the edger attachment to go with it. i love it. i figure why spend $300-$400 on just an edger when i can get this for the same price and get other attachments for it. so now i have an edger and a back up trimmer as well.

SSmith
05-18-2012, 07:45 AM
I have the Stihl Kombi. It's awesome. The stick edger works great.

Orrdc
05-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Id like to hear more about this as well......what attachments work well, ect ect

goel
05-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Stihl kombi with the powersweep. Works well, but its a little heavy and long. We use it in grass and on pavement.

ryno23
05-20-2012, 11:32 PM
Would the 90 be enough to run the cultivator or would u need to go bigger
Posted via Mobile Device

rlitman
05-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Would the 90 be enough to run the cultivator or would u need to go bigger
Posted via Mobile Device

The 55 runs the same cultivator head in the Yard Boss, and it is plenty of power. With less weight pushing the head down into the ground in the Kombi, I wouldn't sweat it.

The tools I have that like more power (I have a 110):
blower (works good, but it feels like more power would be even better)
edger (works great, but less power wouldn't be enough to cut new edges)
pole saw (this one's just right, but a 90 would probably be ok too)

The hedge trimmer is the opposite of this. Any engine is overkill, and it feels like you could hand crank this thing through some serious thicket.