PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Lawn Maintenance Bids

Simone Lawn Service
12-23-2002, 02:09 AM
Just curious, when do you guys send out bids or meet with potential new customers (what month Jan. Feb ?) Also what are some of the going hourly labor rates for lawns in other parts of the country (if you don't mind me asking) I'm just curious about where I stand. (I'm usually between $35-$45 hr. depending on location of the jobs)
Thanks,

goose
12-23-2002, 10:32 AM
Everyday is a good day. I talk to new customers about 3 days every week.

Toroguy
12-23-2002, 11:31 AM
Thats going to depend on your growing season. Ideally when the snow melts. But be flexible to meet when the customer is available.

As far as a rate goes, I stay out of the rate debate. It turns into a I make more than you, you must be a scrub type mudslinging.

Charge a rate to profit.

Shuter
12-23-2002, 12:26 PM
All year. Every week someone buys or sells a property, so you have to keep looking for new customers. Don't wait, because someone else will jump in front of you.

bob
12-23-2002, 04:13 PM
I got a 2003 contract from a new customer signed 2 weeks ago. I usually start the paper work after the holidays. Most customers have other things on their mind than lawn maintenence.

Earthscapes
12-23-2002, 08:16 PM
02' customers will have their 03' contracts by Jan. 15th. They have until Feb 15th to sign them and send em back. otherwise their price goes up and they lose their prefered cutting day. As far as new customers go i'll meet with them x-mas morning if they would like.....never take a day off for potenial new business. If someone calls usually in dec.,jan.,or feb. for lawn service it means they are seriously looking and not price shopping. I love the calls on what do you charge i always tell them more than your last guy did or you wouldn't be calling me.