PDA

View Full Version : Are aftermarket tires/rims unprofessional...?

David N
05-18-2012, 10:09 PM
This is my truck that I pull my mower and equipment with. I also pull a dump trailer when I am putting out mulch or doing other jobs. Is it unprofessional? Yes it is my personal daily driver, and I am trying to find a decent work truck, but I am having no luck.

JB1
05-18-2012, 10:10 PM
nobody gives a crap.

OakNut
05-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Depends on who you ask, but mostly you're OK since at least it's not a Dodge.

:D

I have chrome wheels on my Silverado. They aren't anything crazy since I kept them to the factory wheel size.
I get a lot of compliments on the condition of my truck, but I could see where someone may get the wrong impression of you/your business given the right(wrong?)set of wheels.

~OakI'mnotapimpnut

OakNut
05-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Mine...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g54/pepwalker/Temporary/01Silverado2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g54/pepwalker/Temporary/01Silverado1.jpg

Yeah, I know the tail light covers are way out of style, but ten years ago when it was new they (sort of) were.

Puddle of Oil
05-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Why would you waste your money on rims and put em on your work truck? Looks and sounds pretty stupid and worthless to me.

OakNut
05-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Why would you waste your money on rims and put em on your work truck? Looks and sounds pretty stupid and worthless to me.

I put mine on my daily driver when I bought it new ten years ago. It just happens to be my work truck now.

That said, if I were doing well enough financially, I wouldn't hesitate to do it on my work truck if I bought one for that purpose. Your truck is a rolling advertisement for your business. Some people don't care if your truck looks like death warmed over, but some do.

dieseltech
05-19-2012, 04:31 AM
Looks fine... What kind of
Traction bars you got on there? I really need to make some
Posted via Mobile Device

93Chevy
05-19-2012, 07:44 AM
That looks really well done, so it's not a problem. The problem lies with guys having really crappy truck with cheap modification. A nice clean truck with some professional modifications is fine.

93Chevy
05-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Nice truck, Oaknut. I just traded my old truck in on an 04 Silverado like yours.

Do you have an exhaust system on yours? I'm gonna put one on mine here pretty soon.

Town Line Lawn Care LLC
05-19-2012, 08:20 AM
It should not be a problem. I have received many positive comments from customers about my tow vehicle. This is what I roll up with.

David N
05-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Looks fine... What kind of
Traction bars you got on there? I really need to make some
Posted via Mobile Device

They are just some custom ones that I made. Ballistic joints at both ends, and ballistic mounts at both ends. 72" long. PM me if you want some details.

I also sled pull this truck and race it. Thats why the bars are there.

OakNut
05-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Nice truck, Oaknut. I just traded my old truck in on an 04 Silverado like yours.

Do you have an exhaust system on yours? I'm gonna put one on mine here pretty soon.

Thanks. It's a 2001 and it's been good to me.

No aftermarket exhaust. I wanted to when I got it, but life got in the way and the only things I ever did are what you can see.

noahb195
05-19-2012, 03:00 PM
It should not be a problem. I have received many positive comments from customers about my tow vehicle. This is what I roll up with.

Dude that truck is sick!