PDA

View Full Version : Eavestrough cleaning and ladders

GroundKprs
12-23-2002, 09:13 AM
How many use that nice aluminum ladder for eavestroughs? Easy to handle compared to fiberglass, right? Cheaper, too. I could have bought 2-3 alum for the cost of my 24' fiberglass. And it is a bear to handle.

But I never have to worry about a split second twist or flinch hitting a utility wire. Some may be lucky enough to work in all new areas with underground utilities, but all my houses have a least some overhead wires. Two high school kids, working for a reputable painter, were fried last summer just a couple of blocks from my house. They were moving tall alum ladder, and hit a wire. Didn't have a chance to let go, they were gone in less than a second.

Be careful. Think ahead. Spend a few $$$ to be safe when you make mistakes.

Gravely_Man
12-23-2002, 09:53 AM
That is very sad! If you have overhead wires in your area I would then definitely spend the money on fiberglass ladders any day of the week. When it comes to safety I don't think there is any price you can put on your life.

Gravely_Man

fblandscape
12-23-2002, 03:34 PM
You cannot come within 10 feet of energized conductors unless you are E.H.A.P certified. If you come within the 10 feet, then it is your own stupidity that is getting you hurt, or killed.