PDA

View Full Version : Snow !!!!!! @#$%

TotalLawn
12-23-2002, 12:44 PM
It's snowing here like I am up north!!! That's good!!! Only thing is my plow is shipping from Kansas City today. Not going to do me much good in the back of a semi truck!!! Guess I'll be using the ol' tractor again:( !!

Bob Minney
12-23-2002, 12:48 PM
I'll loan you mine, just needs bunch of dust cleaned off.

Gravely_Man
12-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Snow now that would make for a wonderful X-Mas. I would really like to get some of the white stuff but that would also mean that I would have to go out and do some work. This is sounding more like a win, win situation for me! I need to pay for all of the toys my wife has purchased.

Gravely_Man

walker-talker
12-23-2002, 02:54 PM
Started up here in Wichta KS a couple of hours ago and going like crazy. To those noth of us......it will be there soon!!!

jkkalbers
12-23-2002, 03:29 PM
at least you are getting snow. I haven't plowed yet this year. Normally I've plowed 4 or 5 times by now. it figures, we had the wettest summer ever, and as soon as it got cold we got a drought .:mad:

HarryD
12-23-2002, 03:31 PM
I would like to see it up here in nebraska but I dont think its gunna swing that high

FrankenScagMachines
12-23-2002, 04:42 PM
We are scheduled for an event as well sometime tomorrow or Christmas day.
Merry Christmas!
Eric :)

AztlanLC
12-23-2002, 04:50 PM
Hey walker talker, that's a nice picture and very inforrmative, now I can really star making plans, las week they were calling for snow and nothing happens, but seeing that picture I star to believe it's coming, keep us posted how much you get if you can.

bruces
12-23-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by walker-talker
Started up here in Wichta KS a couple of hours ago and going like crazy. To those noth of us......it will be there soon!!!

Walker-Talker

Please keep it in Wichita. We'll take some rain in Kansas City but could live without the snow for another couple of weeks.

I'm headed for Springfield tomorrow and there is supposed to be a good snow down that direction.

walker-talker
12-23-2002, 05:41 PM
This pic is 2.5 hours since my last one. It has slowed down a little bit, but it's still coming down. I saw the news last night and they said they were not sure if it was going to come this far north. From what they said is was going to go more west than after it got to the Missisippi Valley it was going to turn north. I am just repeating what they said. A buddy of mine heard we were suppose to get 3-9 inches, but another source said possibly a foot. Like I said, it has slowed down, but it's still a coming.

MATT

Turfdude
12-23-2002, 10:43 PM
Please keep it ALL for yourself. We still have over 150 clean-ups to do! Besides that, I'm spending Christmas w/ my family & they're all coming over to my place. My kids will be running around like mad, everyone will be loud... hmmmmmm maybe I could sneak out, offload the vac & box & hook up the plows. Coincidentally, I just got the Western low profile 1000 salt spreader w/ hitch mount today.

After all the excitement clears-if we have to work it'll be after all the shoutin's done (after 10PM) It's a holiday after all. Merry Christmas everyone!

Bob

heybruck34
12-23-2002, 10:53 PM
KEEP IT ALL.

Everyone I have talked to has had their fill of this Winter mess. An ice storm in the beginning of December and it wasn't even WINTER yet. People from up North complain about us freaking out over some ice and snow but we'd like to see them come down and deal with the 95+ degree summer days!!!!

PS- I admit- I can't drive in the snow either. But I LOVE the hot weather!!!! Bring on the sweet tea and my front porch swing!!!!

-Jeff-

imalandscper
12-23-2002, 11:37 PM
here in the middle(wis) we are dry as a bone...salted twice..I was thinking about bringing in an indian to do a snow dance for me!!! (not meaning to be offensive) Let it snow let it snow let it snow!

Happy Cuttings and LET IT SNOW!!!!

LAWNGODFATHER
12-23-2002, 11:44 PM
Bring it on...Send it Send it.

I am sick of leaves.

Hope those overalls are warm?

rodfather
12-24-2002, 08:23 AM
I say, "Bring it on, bring it on!"

crawdad
12-24-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by heybruck34
KEEP IT ALL.

Everyone I have talked to has had their fill of this Winter mess. An ice storm in the beginning of December and it wasn't even WINTER yet. People from up North complain about us freaking out over some ice and snow but we'd like to see them come down and deal with the 95+ degree summer days!!!!

PS- I admit- I can't drive in the snow either. But I LOVE the hot weather!!!! Bring on the sweet tea and my front porch swing!!!!

-Jeff-
I'd like to see them drive up an icy hill, too. When we have company from up north, they don't even drive the hills in the summer. They whine..."Oh, God.. Oh, God... " We tell them sit down, shut up and hang on. Except my wife's son, who is dying to bring his motorcycle down here for the twisty roads. Ninja. "The Green Hornet"
Crawdad

TotalLawn
12-29-2002, 07:04 PM
This is a pic of a major road about 100 yards from my house. You can barely see the cars!!

TotalLawn
12-29-2002, 07:06 PM
oops, I'll try again.

TotalLawn
12-29-2002, 07:10 PM
Here's the same area zoomed in.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-29-2002, 08:17 PM
Cool snow pics....

Nebraska
12-29-2002, 10:23 PM
What is.........snow?

little green guy
12-30-2002, 01:38 AM
snow is money that falls from the sky

Nebraska
12-30-2002, 01:43 PM
.......or that doesn't seem to EVER fall from the sky!

Doogiegh
12-30-2002, 10:01 PM
Here's my front yard from the storm we had on 12/5, first one of the year:

Nebraska
12-31-2002, 01:01 AM
I am WHITE with ENVY! Send it back my way..

little green guy
12-31-2002, 04:18 AM
we've already plowed the same amount as we did all year last year and it's not even january. hopefully another 10 storms atleast this season and I'll be happy. :p :p