PDA

View Full Version : Drippity Doo Dah

Sprinkus
05-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Got to do a fun one last week. No sleeves or any type of access to run the irrigation for the pool pots from the the front yard irrigation.
Nearest tie-in was the water heater piping in the "pool house".
I was sweating bullets when I soldered the tie-in connection for fear of catching the pool house on fire. Everything went fine until a few hours later when I smelled and saw smoke. Turned out it was the next door neighbor's house. Someone there was burning "leaves".
Dude didn't want to pay for all copper :rolleyes: so I used what I had on the truck and then transitioned to no hole Techline.
I would have taken a picture of the Porsche I was working next to but it had a cover on it.

Sprinkus
05-19-2012, 10:31 PM
A few more pics.

Mike Leary
05-19-2012, 10:56 PM
You do what you gotta do, nice work. The only thing I did different, was to put the pots in saucers and elevate the pots, drill a hole in the saucers and snake the drip tube up through the bottom of the pot. I hate looking at that spaghetti tubing.

FIMCO-MEISTER
05-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Nicely done. I like those 6" spaced emitter tubes. Most of the time i used microsprays though. Customers seemed to like them better I'm guessing because they could see the water spraying.

greenmonster304
05-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Nice work. I recently ran sleeves for 1/4 drip for pot on the 4 corners of the pool. The designer said the tube could come out of the expansion joint for the coping. We will see how it works, I have my doubts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wet_Boots
05-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Got to do a fun one last week. No sleeves or any type of access to run the irrigation for the pool pots from the the front yard irrigation.
Nearest tie-in was the water heater piping in the "pool house".
I was sweating bullets when I soldered the tie-in connection for fear of catching the pool house on fire. Everything went fine until a few hours later when I smelled and saw smoke. Turned out it was the next door neighbor's house. Someone there was burning "leaves".
Dude didn't want to pay for all copper :rolleyes: so I used what I had on the truck and then transitioned to no hole Techline.
I would have taken a picture of the Porsche I was working next to but it had a cover on it.There is a special clear gel you can spray on surfaces near your soldering, so you don't leave scorch marks or burn the house down.

1idejim
05-20-2012, 09:31 AM
There is a special clear gel you can spray on surfaces near your soldering, so you don't leave scorch marks or burn the house down.

eDwIshD399I

Sprinkus
05-20-2012, 10:08 AM
We did end up drilling holes near the bottoms of the pots to hide the tubing. Luckily I still had my old glass/ceramic drill bit on the truck for that.

Thanks for the advice on the heat shielding gel. Next time I get stuck with a job like this I'll remember to pick some up!

FIMCO-MEISTER
05-20-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm waiting for somebody to ask about the backflow.

Wet_Boots
05-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm still wondering why they didn't do all the half-inch copper in bendable L tubing.

FIMCO-MEISTER
05-20-2012, 10:35 AM
He said...they didn't want to pay the cost.

Sprinkus
05-20-2012, 10:43 AM
One more pic.

Kiril
05-20-2012, 10:45 AM
We did end up drilling holes near the bottoms of the pots to hide the tubing. Luckily I still had my old glass/ceramic drill bit on the truck for that.

no drill required.

Sprinkus
05-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Yup, I know about those.
I'm just the irrigator, not the landscaper. :waving:

Irrigation Contractor
05-22-2012, 09:30 PM
That is some very nice work.

We have had a clients that hated the black tubing to their pots so we changed them to rolled copper tubing and then pulled the black poly line through it.

I don't have the guts to run anything through a house, basement or a shack for that matter:weightlifter:

CAPT Stream Rotar
05-23-2012, 09:44 PM
I had to plumb the outflow from a pvb the other day close to a house..

not very neat..would never post here...