View Full Version : CLP or CLT?

08-13-2000, 10:22 AM
I was wondering if there are a lot of us professionals out there that are/will be Certified Landscape Professionals and/or Certified Landscape Technicians. There will be testing dates in my area in Dec. and debating if I should take them.

08-14-2000, 11:07 AM
Yes take the CLP if your the owner of your business. The CLT is mainly for employees but both are good credentials. I feel that one can never get enough extra training and professional skills under their belt. Weather or not you use it everyday it's bound to come in handy sometime.

08-14-2000, 12:04 PM
Professional licencing by the state is a joke, It is just a way the state can raise extra revenue and get the needing information to monitor your actions. I don't think Landscapers fit in the same puzzle with Dotors, Lawyers, & Enginners until we find away to weed out the SCUBS of the industry.
I don't think my customers a well enough informed to CLP or CLT. They don't give dam you cuts there yard as long as it is done on a consistant basis and with superb quailty. I already have a proffessional image, why do I need a CLP.

Don't get me wrong, I do think the CLT is important for your employees to have something to achieve and to be a resume builder for them.

I think that these licences our more of a confidence builder
than a Marketing Tool. If you already have the knownelege and confidence, why pay someone for it?