PDA

View Full Version : What the ....!

ProStreetCamaro
05-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Just realized there are very few trailer sales places around here! WTF is up with that? Our area is absolutely loaded with landscapers so where in the heck are they buying trailers?????? I want a 6X16 with a side gate. I want to load up our 34Z sideways up front then drive our 48" lazer and 60" gravely up to it. But I cant find any local trailer shops that carry a trailer like this and I think the one and only trailer shop here that builds there own trailers in house just closed up shop. They told us last year they could build exactly what we are looking for no problem and I know first hand they build a very nice heavy duty trailer.

:confused:

Kelly's Landscaping
05-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Yea the choices here suck as well iv been to 4 in this state. And the one that built them in house and mad a fantastic trailer was bought by a big tex dealer and immediately shut down. So there's no question my next trailers will all be hand built by myself I just cannot get what I want otherwise.

mwlawns
05-20-2012, 04:23 PM
I guess I'm just lucky to have a very good friend that owns a trailer shop within 2 minutes walking distance from my shop that like firearms almost as much as i do, I think the last trailer cost me 500rds 7.62x39 and a pos sgl21 or maybe a vz sporter??? Anyhow about $300.00 my cost, but the markup on trailers is quite a bit and he says there is at least four people a day that want a trailer to start a lco and rarely do any ever buy after thay here its over a grand for what they are looking for.

ProStreetCamaro
05-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Just found out they are still open. But I almost laughed in the guys face when he quoted me a price of $4200 to $4500 for a 16' with a side gate. He then started talking about how most guys trailers around here are falling apart because the landscape guys are charging $25 for an acre lawn and not making enough money to afford a new trailer or fixing the junk they already have. He said business is slow right now and I almost told him I know why it is slow when you try to charge the price of an enclosed trailer for a simple open trailer.

Sorry had to vent.

Kelly's Landscaping
05-22-2012, 09:56 AM
In trailers you get what you pay for. You can spend 7000 on an open trailer you can spend 12000 for an enclosed. Or you can go low end and spend a fraction of that. Now my 3 trailers are 11 10 and 9 years old and still in like new condition. Quality over price every time.

Outlawn
05-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Trailer prices are unbelievable here. We have a couple shops in town that build them and sell them, but this is a city of 100,000+ and we have no interstate. So we are kind of in a "bubble". I've been looking for a car trailer on racingjunk.com and I can buy a nice enclosed car trailer for almost what (and sometimes less) than an open car hauler would be.

I'm just gonna live with what I got as far as my lawn trailer. Adding a trimmer rack, blower rack, and landscape box and calling it good. If I Outgrow it, then it'll be a different story, but that most likely will not happen any time soon since it's just me and I only do it part time.