PDA

View Full Version : Estimates per Jobs Ratio (Residential Maintenance Services Only)

xpnd
12-23-2002, 10:30 PM
What is your goal? I shoot for a 30% success rate (3 for every 10 bids I put out). When I start approaching the 50% rate I nudge prices up. This is for residential maintenance only

bubble boy
12-23-2002, 10:32 PM
i'd guess 20-25%. we try to be quick to estimate, so i think that helps our rate.

Lawn Specialties
12-23-2002, 11:56 PM
I read in Lawn & Landscape you should be losing at least a third of your bids. I must be little on the high side though cause I rarely see 50%.

rodfather
12-24-2002, 11:35 AM
I think the % will change a lot during the course of the year. One reason will be how much do you really want each particualr job. If you come across a lot of jobs that you really like, you may lower your price some to increase the percentage of getting them.

PITA jobs you could care less about you'll probably go high (cause if you do by chance get them), you want to make it worth you while and then some.

I look at each job on its own and what I think it's worth. I really don't care for "across the board" averages...only the bottom line numbers I pay attention to.