PDA

View Full Version : Pro V Axed & Improved V Ride Coming

PlantscapeSolutions
05-22-2012, 08:51 AM
This week the Scag rep is supposed to be bringing an improved V Ride that sounds like it will be able to be used as a WB or a rider from what it sounds like. I'm going to try to find the time to go peek at the new mowers and get some pictures. If anyone else get some pics first post'm up.

I like my V Ride but it's just too heavy with an operator on it. I removed the small fold down operator platform, big pad, and the deck weights to lighten mine by about 75 lbs.

GMLC
05-22-2012, 09:05 AM
I heard rumors of an improved v-ride and the pro-v being axed. Thus the 20 percent off sale scag had on these mowers. I would love to see a walkbehind with the v-ride style controls!
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
05-22-2012, 09:07 AM
What are they going to do, put a sulky on the back of the V ride?

STIHL GUY
05-22-2012, 04:43 PM
it would be cool to be able to walk behind the vride on real steep hills and stuff like that...other than that i love my vride and im very pleased with it

Kingfish
05-22-2012, 04:51 PM
. I would love to see a walkbehind with the v-ride style controls!
Posted via Mobile Device

Gravely has them

LLandscaping
05-22-2012, 06:43 PM
My Scag dealer has two Pro-V's for a great price. I just don't like the controls. Everything else on them is great. I demoed the V-ride and really liked the controls. We mainly use the walkbehinds on steep areas and like the ability to walk when needed. We have three Turf Tiger and you can't beat the velocity deck for discharging.

orangemower
05-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Why not go with a SWZ48V-541FS?

grassman177
05-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Always thought the pro v to be very awkward anyway
Posted via Mobile Device

PlantscapeSolutions
05-25-2012, 01:10 AM
My dealer got me exited for nothing. They just made a few changes to the V-Ride and that was it. The platform can now be folded up and the operator presence sensor is incorporated into the hand controls.

You can actually walk behind the V-Ride now just like the Toro. I'm going to post some info on my Plantscape Solutions thread about some V-Ride changes I'm going to make to lessen the ground pressure on the 36's.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
05-25-2012, 07:33 AM
I demoed a new 52potential v ride this week. We do currently run v rides so it wasnt a giant change but different enough. The fold up platform was nice. Hand control safety took some getting used to. Otherwise the same as our current v rides.
Posted via Mobile Device