PDA

View Full Version : What all clocks should have.

Mike Leary
05-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Did a start-up today on a dual RM DX-2 system, one of mine. I run "auto limits" every year to see how the solenoids are doing and make notes to see when I should be checking it again, since the system is not Central. I like .20 to .35 amps, when they start to climb (notice zones 10,15,16, 17,20,34 & 41). They will get attention according to amerage, but at that heat, they will (all )fail, prolly real soon, once we get water rolling. This system was installed in the middle of the now infamous W*M solenoid screw-over, and we're getting to the end of replacing the damn things. The new solenoids (with the white wires) are doing fine, as are the earlier band-aids with the thicker black wire. With "auto limits" the RM will shut a zone down and skip it and provide a warning if the pre-entered parameters are exceeded. Since we have a N.O. master valve there, the clock only measures zone amps, and we have none ganged. RM will handle 2.0 amps, which why zone 15 can still continue, but it's first on my service list!

Mike Leary
05-22-2012, 10:52 PM
I think this season, I'll get the color-code files out and list the call-outs on the zone chart. Should be a help for the next guy, or me.:dizzy:

jcom
05-23-2012, 07:22 AM
All clocks should have a BACKLIGHT on the display.

Wet_Boots
05-23-2012, 08:02 AM
all clocks should be Imperial Valets :)

Sprinkus
05-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Don't know about there but here it's cheaper to buy a WM Nitro valve than it is to buy the solenoid by itself. I just use the solenoid and throw the valve away.
Good idea on keeping track of the solenoid amperage.

Wet_Boots
05-23-2012, 08:15 AM
A lot of my valve parts come by way of ripping new valves to pieces

FIMCO-MEISTER
05-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Ditto. I bought 205fs and used the parts as needed. Did the same for the more common toro, RB, etc valves. Keeps the parts from getting scattered all over the place.

Wet_Boots
05-23-2012, 09:45 AM
the Irritrol 205F is probably the most essential "parts valve" to buy, since the flow-control bonnet serves to replace those on the old Richdel anti-syphon valves.

Mike Leary
05-23-2012, 10:57 AM
All clocks should have a BACKLIGHT on the display.

That is about the only drawback to a RM, hard to read in the sunshine because of a less-than adequate backlight.