PDA

View Full Version : Best Thing/Worst Thing

rodfather
12-24-2002, 09:41 PM
Hummm...now it's time to reflect on 2002

Question: What was the best thing you did in 2002?Answer : I had the best employees I have ever had.

rodfather
12-24-2002, 09:48 PM
Worst thing was I lost $9100 to a big residential client.

Would like to hear about others that had great/lousy things that happened to them in 2002.

crazygator
12-24-2002, 10:03 PM
2 very important issue's for me this year, as the best and worst together.

1) Staying at home as much as possible (working mostly part time this year) to not only take care of and share time with my little girl Mandy (2 1/2), but also to be able to spend as many days as possible with my sick father.

He passed Sept 26th of this year. How I miss him so! But I will always be thankful to have the time we had together this final year. The Minister giving his funeral talk said of my father "He was a man's man." How true this was. His word was his bond.

I am glad my father instilled in me the value of love, family, work ethics and how to be a good person, but most of all how and when to put the right things first. This value allowed me to see the need to stay away from what could have been a very busy year for me. Money is very powerful, but money cannot replace a lost loved one. There will always be time in the future to make the money I didnt make this year. But I will never get time back to be with dear old Dad!

2) The friendship I have gained with a guy you know as 65HOSS. Eric has helped me so much this year, he will never know just how much. Not only helping me in getting prepared with my fathers passing, but by being a true and loyal friend. Thank you Eric! Your friendship was a true blessing. I could never repay you.

AL Inc
12-24-2002, 11:57 PM
Crazygator- So sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I can understand how painful it can be. My mom passed away last year (November 2001) and I'm still having a hard time with it. Just that much harder around the holidays. Merry Christmas and have a happy and prosperous New Year. :) Mike

KirbysLawn
12-25-2002, 01:58 AM
BEst - Highest selling months ever for lawn renovations, started turning down work with about a month left in the season.

Worst - my health, had shoulder surgery and have been perminately disabled (a % rating). I've had pneumonia twice and just got over a hurt back. Hope 2003 is better on my bady and I might get more work done.

yourlawnguy
12-25-2002, 02:30 AM
WORST: Lost my father last January, not unexpected but hard nontheless.
BEST: Got back into lawn care and boy does it feel good!

Shuter
12-25-2002, 10:50 AM
The best was after three years in business, it is still growing. Passed my gross goal by $10,000.

The worst is I passed next years gross goal and have to change my plan. Luckily, nothing major happened this year. But I haven't done the taxes yet??!!

Expert Lawns
12-25-2002, 02:47 PM
BEST: doubled my accounts. only 2nd year in the buz, if things keep doubling, that would be stupendous.

WORST: banged up my truck twice, costing over $5000 damage

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :blob4:

corban
12-25-2002, 10:44 PM
Best: $3,000 (before taxes) for 20 hr job and $3,300 for 22 hr job.

Worst: Got a good buzz from the power lines while using aluminum polesaw in a tree. (Warning: Limbs can somehow be conductors:( )

HOMER
12-26-2002, 09:24 AM
Worst would have to be losing my ol' buddy Eric Erickson and then losing one of our friends we met while in Nashville in 2000. Her name was Rhonda Robbins, the wife of Dale Robbins (Moonarrow) for all those that remember.

Charlotte and Dale.......if you read this I want you to know that we're thinkng about you and have you in our prayers.

Love ya both!

The best thing is that I'm still here to spend time with my wife and kids and still have my Mother and Father........that is truly a blessing and one I don't take lightly.

Live for the moment, tomorrow ain't promised!:)

bilbo7021
12-28-2002, 12:49 AM
BEST....... finally finding a business I can do with something I love to do.

WORST.... finding out how much is REALLY involved with this business!

65hoss
12-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Good: Growth

Bad: To much rain in 2002. :( Just like a drought, to much will hurt the bottom line also.

Bunton Guy
12-28-2002, 10:50 AM
Good: Got my systems in line to get my company running in a straight line.

Bad: Made half the money I made last year due to drought. Had many slow slow months and made borrowing money very hard on my ego.

dhicks
12-28-2002, 11:55 AM
The Best: Taking a Yellow Pages ad.

The Worst: The loss of our friend Eric and the drought.

Talk about an emotional roller coaster - 2002 was the year.

MacLawnCo
12-29-2002, 06:51 PM
best: best income

worst: paying for Miami University. going there is wonderful, i just dred getting statements from the bursars office. It sucks watching my bank account rapidly diminish to nothing

GrassMaster84
12-29-2002, 08:35 PM
Best- getting a lot more accounts than expected, new equipment.

Worst- not having enough time due to rain and sometimes equipment failures. I keep dreading the thought of " What is goin to happen to the business when I go off to college."

SpudsM15
12-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Best:Got a new truck, trailer, 2 new mowers, 2 trimmers, hedge clipper, chainsaw. New Partner

Worst: Had to pay for everything! And that new partner seems to forget that he is my partner!

65hoss
12-30-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by SpudsM15
Best:Got a new truck, trailer, 2 new mowers, 2 trimmers, hedge clipper, chainsaw. New Partner

Worst: Had to pay for everything! And that new partner seems to forget that he is my partner!

It only gets worse from here.

Bill Davis
12-30-2002, 09:57 AM
Got all new equipment and F-250. That was good.
Had a Mexican crack the block on my new Snapper.

Gravely_Man
12-30-2002, 10:54 AM
The best: Spending a lot more time with my children.

The worst: Not making as much money by spending time with the children and the loss of Eric.

Gravely_Man