PDA

View Full Version : Hunter PGV won't shut off

ArTurf
05-24-2012, 06:36 AM
I am working on a new PGV that will not shut off on it's own. But when another zone is turned on the resulting drop in pressure will turn it off and then everything is fine. I figured there was debris in it since it was a newly rebuilt manifold but not the case. Also checked for debris under the solenoid.

Sprinkus
05-24-2012, 08:10 AM
I had one do that the other day. Turned down the flow control a little and it started working OK.
I would have cut it out and replaced it with an Irritrol valve but right now I'm absolutely swamped with service calls.

grassman177
05-24-2012, 11:42 AM
That will piss u off,lol. Overall, goood luck with pgv...i would just rebuild it with new parts again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike Leary
05-24-2012, 02:11 PM
I had one do that the other day. Turned down the flow control a little and it started working OK.

My way to "tune" the valve was turning down the flow control until I noted the radius decreasing. I then opened it up 1 1/2 turns. :)

grassman177
05-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Flow control is nice, but few install those to save money
Posted via Mobile Device

ArTurf
05-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Flow control is nice, but few install those to save money
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't imagine why a dollar or two per valve making a difference on profit margin but then and again I can't believe some of the shortcuts I see taken on systems I work on.

Mike Leary
05-25-2012, 11:07 AM
I can't imagine why a dollar or two per valve making a difference on profit margin but then and again I can't believe some of the shortcuts I see taken on systems I work on.

Cripes, I didn't know they even made valves without flow control anymore! :dizzy: