PDA

View Full Version : Rain!

jvanvliet
05-24-2012, 11:47 AM
It's rained every do for the last two weeks. My properties are bogged down, I turned off the sprinklers on all of them (one imbecile told me not to turn of his sprinklers :dizzy:); have to lift the decks to max to keep from scalping; A/C crapped out on the Ford, it smells like a locker room jock strap... crews grumpy.

Is it time for ole Johnny W?

KrayzKajun
05-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Time for a snickers!
Posted via Mobile Device

williams lcm
05-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Bone dry here. Have not had any rain in a few weeks. Alot of the man made lakes have run out of water. I guess it all depends on where you live in Florida.

Landscape Poet
05-24-2012, 04:42 PM
We had some decent rains last week which were much needed, thought we had a early start on the rainy season but so far this week has been dry. I will take it as I know before long rainy season will be here bring delays here and there, over cast days at a time along with the humidity which will make the lawns go crazy with GLS.

The good news is we are getting closer to November every day.

KrayzKajun
05-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Only a few more days untill Hurricane Season.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
05-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Bone dry here. Have not had any rain in a few weeks. Alot of the man made lakes have run out of water. I guess it all depends on where you live in Florida..

Hottest and Dry Spring since 1998 when we had all the wild fires.

Fact of life: The South East coast of Florida has a much better climate because of Bahama breezes and weather cycle. Rains start earlier in the season than the rest of Fla. Winters are warmer and summers are cooler than the Gulf Coast. S E Fla is the Nursery capital now because of that weather. Drive South I 95 and read the Exit signs. The roads are named after former Dairy or Produce Farms that one time covered that area because of the weather and BETTER SOIL.

Yes I am crying because I live on the Gulf Coast. But then I don't have all the big city hassle associated with that area.

jvanvliet
05-24-2012, 05:05 PM
GAAAAAH! rained ALL day. :dizzy:

Gonna be a long day tomorrow, and Saturday to catch up.

Florida Gardener
05-24-2012, 09:05 PM
We've had rain to some degree about 5 out of the last 10 days or so....I worked through the rain today(light on and off). I remember this time last year it was waaay hotter and no rain.....

I don't know what's worse....dry and hot or rainy and humid....it all sucks....like Mike said, each day we get closer to November....:cool2::weightlifter::clapping::clapping::walking:

Patriot Services
05-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Had some late sea breeze cells pop up. Just enough to dampen the ground and hold the dust down tomorrow. That Invest system should give you east coast guys some steady showers.
Posted via Mobile Device

stickleylawncare
05-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Finally got a bit of rain last week, was really needed. Though it was nice to see the difference from the hack yard that were cutting way to low, those yards are not going to recover from the drought weve had over all.

jvanvliet
05-25-2012, 07:05 AM
I hope some of this rain is getting up to the lake so Water Management can drop the level in advance of the driest season on record.

Until then:

p7QL46cK7B8

Patriot Services
05-25-2012, 07:12 AM
I hope some of this rain is getting up to the lake so Water Management can drop the level in advance of the driest season on record.

Until then:

p7QL46cK7B8

Jvan~your starting to rival Green T in your use of visual accessories. Heehee!
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
05-25-2012, 06:03 PM
My bad! :o

billslawn89
05-25-2012, 07:54 PM
getting slammed with rain now in my area...almost 2 inches in an hour

B-2 Lawncare
05-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Raining and snowing here to day, LoL

Landscape Poet
05-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Raining and snowing here to day, LoL

So do you plow and then mow or mow then plow? :)

Patriot Services
05-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Did somebody else miss the "welcome to the Florida forum" sign again?
Posted via Mobile Device

zturncutter
05-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Not a drop here just watching your lightning show :waving:

B-2 Lawncare
05-25-2012, 08:51 PM
So do you plow and then mow or mow then plow? :)

This is why we have a JD 2305 so we can plow and mow at the same time.

billslawn89
05-25-2012, 09:30 PM

ya thats funny. I go down the road 5 or 6 miles, lawns are brown and bone dry, my area, green and growing like crazy. ended up with 2.92 inches of rain with this one. Glad you liked the light show...:) and sounds like round two is coming..raining again

GreenT
05-25-2012, 11:19 PM

Wait..... it's raining, in FL?

What next? Too hot?

:dizzy:

jvanvliet
05-26-2012, 07:21 AM

Yours is coming! :rolleyes:

MIAMI — Tropical storm warnings have been issued for the Southeast coast from north Florida to South Carolina as a cluster of thunderstorms was gathering strength early Saturday and expected to become Tropical Storm Beryl over the Memorial Day weekend.

The National Weather Service said that the storm's maximum sustained winds were at 45 mph. But they are expected to increase as the storm moves over the waters of the Atlantic.

The system was about 285 miles (460 kilometers) from Charleston, S.C., at 2 a.m. and swirling toward the Southeast coast.

Tropical storm warnings were issued for the Volusia/Brevard County line in Florida to Edisto Beach, S.C., and watches from Edisto Beach to the Santee River. The storm is expected to eventually move southwest and the Georgia coast and northern Florida could see heavy rains starting Sunday and into next week.

Ric
05-26-2012, 10:05 AM

I need a new rain gage. After a all night of rain it only reads 1/10 inch.

Duekster
05-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Wild fires across the country it seems. July 4th type weather on Memorial day weekend.

Ric
05-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Wild fires across the country it seems. July 4th type weather on Memorial day weekend..

South & Central Florida Rainy season is June to Sept when the rest of the country is normally dry. About every 10 to 20 years we get a real dry spring with a lot of wild fires. This year was very dry but my area escaped any major wild fires.

Northern Florida and the Panhandle have the same weather as Georgia/Alabama.

Duekster
05-26-2012, 10:27 AM

South & Central Florida Rainy season is June to Sept when the rest of the country is normally dry. About every 10 to 20 years we get a real dry spring with a lot of wild fires. This year was very dry but my area escaped any major wild fires.

Northern Florida and the Panhandle have the same weather as Georgia/Alabama.

I grew up in Florida and later spent many a summer there with the Grands.

W. Palm, Orlando mostly.

Florida Gardener
05-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Alright guys, we're heading into battle....I'll see you guys on the other side(octoberish)
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
05-28-2012, 09:02 AM
How's that rain up nort country?

GreenT
05-28-2012, 12:52 PM

Wet

Landscape Poet
05-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Wet here too. Not that I am complaining.......yet

jvanvliet
05-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Wet here too. Not that I am complaining.......yet

Looks like that storm headed back and wacked you guys again... :dizzy:

We had storms yesterday afternoon, more storms coming today. Have bought pontoons for the mowers. :D

southgalawns
05-29-2012, 09:03 AM
ya we are getting a good amount also.

Patriot Services
05-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Shop day for me. Guys are a little south trying to stay ahead before it comes through Tampa.
Posted via Mobile Device

Green King TLC
05-29-2012, 09:26 AM
we are staying home also still raining here in Tarpon Springs to

Green King TLC
05-29-2012, 10:15 AM
surfing the net for prices on inclosed trailers. I don't no if i want to get one or just stay with open trailer.:confused::usflag:

j-ville native
05-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Been raining since sunday here in jacksonville. It's nice to stay home and have some time off but it sucks that I'll be so far behind. I don't know when it's going to stop raining but even when it does I won't be able to mow. It's going to need 2 days or so to dry up and even then it'll still be pretty wet. And it doesn't help when customers still run their sprinklers!

j-ville native
05-29-2012, 10:23 AM
surfing the net for prices on inclosed trailers. I don't no if i want to get one or just stay with open trailer.:confused::usflag:

Yeah this rain has got me wanting an enclosed so I can keep my equipment dry. Yesterday all I did was go out for about 2 hours in between rains and trim some hedges and palm trees but when it started raining again I was wishing I had an enclosed LOL

Green King TLC
05-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Ithink you guy still have 2 days of rain coming. take the week off:drinkup::sleeping:

j-ville native
05-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Ithink you guy still have 2 days of rain coming. take the week off:drinkup::sleeping:

fa sho man

Patriot Services
05-29-2012, 10:26 AM

What are you gonna do? Hide from the rain in your trailer? LOL
Posted via Mobile Device

Green King TLC
05-29-2012, 10:29 AM
no keep my but dry.:laugh::laugh: I just had a minute to sit so I thought I would look.

Green King TLC
05-29-2012, 10:31 AM
My buddy Scott just got one a few months back and he loves it. He keeps all his supplies in it instead of the tool box on his truck. Also your equiptment stays cleaner. I have a bunch of Oak trees in my yard.:usflag:

j-ville native
05-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

With my open trailer I'm hurrying home every time it starts raining. Sometimes it's only a 15 minute rain and I wish I would have just stayed out there rather than come home because even though I may not be able to mow I can at least trim hedges and stuff so I don't get too far behind. With an enclosed you can stay out there in the rain without worrying about equipment getting soaked

Florida Gardener
05-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Hahahaha
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
05-29-2012, 10:46 AM
I've run opens for many years and all my equipment fires right up when wet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Green King TLC
05-29-2012, 10:50 AM
my equipment fires right up when wet also I was just looking. I like being able to store string and edger blades and hand tools in side the enclosed trailer. I guess I have to much spare time today.:usflag:

Patriot Services
05-29-2012, 10:52 AM
We all do. I'm actually reading the political forum which usually only nauseates me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Green King TLC
05-29-2012, 10:59 AM
those scare me!! I am trying to figure out how to grow the company with out hiring guys first. :confused: I want the jobs then hire to fill them. but I can't do them all myself to save money then hire the guys. All the guys I have had were drunks, pill heads, or illegals . no matter what I pay that is what I get.:hammerhead:

Patriot Services
05-29-2012, 11:02 AM
That's the kicker you have to be able to afford to grow. Waiting to hire until after you have the work rarely works. I have had great luck with temps from Labor Ready. I only use them for installs and sod though. Not many machine ready guys have come through.
Posted via Mobile Device

Green King TLC
05-29-2012, 11:11 AM
I will try that. I have a degree in landscape design but have almost given up on landscapes because I can't get good reliable help. I have reigned to all my jobs by myself. So I can't pick up to many big jobs. I guess I will eventually find good people and then grow. The growing is the easy part.

GreenT
05-29-2012, 01:18 PM

I'm here to tell y'all to stop betching like hens about the rain ...

Patriot made me do it.

Patriot Services
05-29-2012, 04:06 PM

I'm here to tell y'all to stop betching like hens about the rain ...

Patriot made me do it.

The betching will start with "I had to work all weekend to get back up", "I haven't had a day off in two weeks". That's when I offer to pull up the winter timesheets when you could take a day off anytime you wanted.:usflag:

jvanvliet
05-29-2012, 04:25 PM
With my open trailer I'm hurrying home every time it starts raining. Sometimes it's only a 15 minute rain and I wish I would have just stayed out there rather than come home because even though I may not be able to mow I can at least trim hedges and stuff so I don't get too far behind. With an enclosed you can stay out there in the rain without worrying about equipment getting soaked

Our equipment trailers are enclosed; it's nice to be able to dodge the rain in them. Problem is when it starts raining lately, it friggin rains all afternoon.

GreenT
05-29-2012, 08:20 PM
The betching will start with "I had to work all weekend to get back up", "I haven't had a day off in two weeks". That's when I offer to pull up the winter timesheets when you could take a day off anytime you wanted.:usflag:

Winter timesheets? Buwahahaha.....

Landscape Poet
05-29-2012, 09:38 PM
I would type more of a response but my fingers are all pruned up from being in and out of rain all day long!!

jvanvliet
05-30-2012, 07:03 AM
"I had to work all weekend to get back up", "I haven't had a day off in two weeks". The winter was wet and warm... not much time off then either... betch, betch, betch! :mad:

Florida Gardener
05-30-2012, 07:56 AM
"I had to work all weekend to get back up", "I haven't had a day off in two weeks". The winter was wet and warm... not much time off then either... betch, betch, betch! :mad:

More coming today, tomm, and until the return of Jesus.
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
05-30-2012, 08:50 AM
More coming today, tomm, and until the return of Jesus.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can stand the rain until i meet Him!

"There, but for the joy placed before Him"

Thumbs Up

Duekster
05-30-2012, 01:25 PM
After a few weeks of dry weather we have a stormy week. Client had a tree on the house to help complicate our schedule.

Patriot Services
06-01-2012, 08:00 PM
After a few weeks of dry weather we have a stormy week. Client had a tree on the house to help complicate our schedule.

I don't complain about big storm cleanup. We had just enough winds and rains to bring a few larger limbs. Cut up and removed 3 tons today while the crews played dodge, dip , dive, duck and dodge around the rains today. Tomorrow we should be able to get all caught up.
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
06-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Rain rain and more rain, remind me to shoot the fert guy for doing a good job

Patriot Services
06-02-2012, 03:38 PM
All caught up. Full paychecks and no betching. Added 4 more full time accounts just because the neighbors were home and yards exploded.:usflag:

jvanvliet
06-02-2012, 09:48 PM
All caught up. Full paychecks and no betching. Added 4 more full time accounts just because the neighbors were home and yards exploded.:usflag:

Good for you Mike, you are going places! Thumbs Up :drinkup:

I just put up a bid last Wednesday; major complex... if we win, we'll double the business and have an entree into more.

I wake up worried that we'll loose, and then I loose sleep worrying that we'll win. :dizzy:

Hope it doesn't rain on the parade.

Patriot Services
06-02-2012, 11:25 PM
No more beer for you. You got me mixed up with the Poet. Not bad company by any means though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
06-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Your changing your avatar more often than a woman changes her mind.:usflag:

Landscape Poet
06-03-2012, 08:21 PM

I know right! I am starting to think Jvan has multiple personalities! :)

jvanvliet
06-04-2012, 06:41 AM

Trying to find one that fits...:D

Patriot Services
06-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Kind of getting used to being off Wed~Thur and working the weekends.
Posted via Mobile Device

billslawn89
06-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Got some good rains here too. Looked at the radar and its lifting to the northeast. Ya, 10-12 hour days are here!

jvanvliet
06-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Was supposed to be dry today, went and sprayed the weeds; major downpour early this afternoon, wasted 8 gallons. Next opportunity I'll hit the weeds with Knockout, at least it'll kill em before it rains.

Wettest I can remember in a long time.

Duekster
06-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Was supposed to be dry today, went and sprayed the weeds; major downpour early this afternoon, wasted 8 gallons. Next opportunity I'll hit the weeds with Knockout, at least it'll kill em before it rains.

Wettest I can remember in a long time.

Back in the 60's as a child in florida they said there would be an ice age and Florida would be under water.

Florida Gardener
06-08-2012, 07:59 PM
It was like a south American monsoon today at palm beach. Lots of lightning too.
Posted via Mobile Device

zturncutter
06-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Enough already, radar looks like it could rain all night. :mad:

rreyn1812
06-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Wish we could get some of what you've got!! Hasn't rained 1/4 inch here in my locale in the past 2 months. Started 3-4 weeks early and now have just about completely stopped mowing. Burn bans have been in place for our county for about a month now. Mow most places every 3-4 weeks 'cause there just isn't any growth. When we do get rain, it will be at least 2 weeks before we get enough growth to mow again. Just doing some small jobs to fill in where possible.

If I had my choice, I think more rain than less is better!! Three years ago we had one of the wettest seasons on record, but the past 2 have been dryer than normal and this one may be the worst one yet. Seems like it's just feast or famine anymore!

jvanvliet
06-09-2012, 09:45 AM
lawns are turning chloric with all the N washed out of them; new hedge plantings we installed are close to drowning. The caladium and Ficus are thriving.

Got attacked by a swarm of bees nesting in a water meter box, I mean WT... in a water meter box? Suckers should have drowned! Had another customer mad; we didn't weed whack around the base of his ficus because of the nest with 1,000's of bees that took up residence there. When I asked him to join me and I would show him the nest... he grumbled and said to get it the next time. We sent him a written notice; the bees must be removed.

I'm seeing more honey bees and hostile hermit crabs (as big as coconut crabs burrowing 3-4" diameter tunnels) than ever before.

Good news is the weatherman is forecasting late morning and afternoon thunderstorms :wall

Duekster
06-09-2012, 10:02 AM
lawns are turning chloric with all the N washed out of them; new hedge plantings we installed are close to drowning. The caladium and Ficus are thriving.

Got attacked by a swarm of bees nesting in a water meter box, I mean WT... in a water meter box? Suckers should have drowned! Had another customer mad; we didn't weed whack around the base of his ficus because of the nest with 1,000's of bees that took up residence there. When I asked him to join me and I would show him the nest... he grumbled and said to get it the next time. We sent him a written notice; the bees must be removed.

I'm seeing more honey bees and hostile hermit crabs (as big as coconut crabs burrowing 3-4" diameter tunnels) than ever before.

Good news is the weatherman is forecasting late morning and afternoon thunderstorms :wall

WOW,

too much rain is hard on business. While I sympathize with those without rain, there is always irrigation or should be. There is nothing that can be done about too much rain.

Maybe you should start harvesting the hermet crabs and marketing them on the internet to pet stores.

I know bees are a pain but they are vital to AG and they are on the decline elsewhere.

Florida Gardener
06-09-2012, 10:26 AM

Get your butt out now it's bright, sunny, and HUMID
Posted via Mobile Device

joel29m
06-09-2012, 08:45 PM
im in yall neck of the woods on a 4 day vacation to destin, florida for my daughter's b day. it didnt rain at all at the beach yesterday but messed us up today.

jvanvliet
06-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Get your butt out now it's bright, sunny, and HUMID
Posted via Mobile Device

Did go out :) caught up on pretty much all my weed control; rain in the late afternoon.

Last year and the year before we were complaining about drought, go figure. My mentor told me you'll know the rapture is close when Lawn Turds' and farmers stop complaining about the weather.

Let's see, maintenance and repair the last four weeks:

Weed eater; replaced.
Weed eater; repaired
Edger; repaired
Edger; salvaged
Edger; replaced
4 Ignition coils
1 Rectifier regulator
1 PTO switch
1 Spindle
2 Trailer tires (225-75 R15)
Truck Hitch (don't ask)
Trailer Jack (don't ask)
F350; glow plug ignition harness
F350; brakes and rear drums
Ram 3500; AC

Got the best roadside diesel mechanic in the world, he'll travel out to your truck if you are within 35 or 40 miles of Lion Country Safari, bless his heart.

When it rains it pours.

Patriot Services
06-10-2012, 09:21 AM
It is swamp humid out there. We gave up changing shirts and just slogged through drenched.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
06-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Did go out :) caught up on pretty much all my weed control; rain in the late afternoon.

Last year and the year before we were complaining about drought, go figure. My mentor told me you'll know the rapture is close when Lawn Turds' and farmers stop complaining about the weather.

Let's see, maintenance and repair the last four weeks:

Weed eater; replaced.
Weed eater; repaired
Edger; repaired
Edger; salvaged
Edger; replaced
4 Ignition coils
1 Rectifier regulator
1 PTO switch
1 Spindle
2 Trailer tires (225-75 R15)
Truck Hitch (don't ask)
Trailer Jack (don't ask)
F350; glow plug ignition harness
F350; brakes and rear drums
Ram 3500; AC

Got the best roadside diesel mechanic in the world, he'll travel out to your truck if you are within 35 or 40 miles of Lion Country Safari, bless his heart.

When it rains it pours.
Yea I got a lot done yesterday. It was humid as heck, BUT, workable. All I know is that this winter will be great. I think with this wet summer, we will have a cold winter....I really can't get that upset with the rain. It could be like Texas last year with everything dying. That would suck.
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
06-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Never happy about the weather right? Couple of days without rain and the irrigation calls are rolling in. One of our sub-divisions had their sprinkler pump stolen... no kidding, peeled back the locked cover and ripped the dang thing right out, plumbing wiring... :dizzy:

Got this from the "off topic" forum;

Ric
06-19-2012, 06:00 PM

We have had one of the Dry and Hottest spring since 1998 when we had many Wild fires. While we have not had the wild fires, we have had WATER PROBLEM. Most of the wells in my area are now salt water intruded.

I got a call today to look at a Brand new 419 Bermuda sod job turning brown and dying. At first it had me puzzled. Then I noticed the citrus trees dying also, but the Hibiscus and other shrubs were OK. Citrus doesn't do well in Hard or salty water. I had my EC Meter with me and tested the well water. Bermuda is Not salt torrent and dies at less than 700 PPM of salt. The well water read 650 PPM.

Problem is as little rain fall that has leached into the ground this year the Ground water is becoming very salty. St Augustine can take up to 1300 PPM but will not turn green over a 1,000 PPM . St A will die at 1600 PPM of salt. Normally salt is not an issue this time of year because it is our traditional Rainy Season. Dry weather, New sod and a salt water wells don't mix.

At the cost of City water the only recommendation I could make was to re-drill a well to a deeper depth of over 200 ft to try and get fresher water. Well driller will only guarantee to hit water and not the quality of that water. Therefore it is a big gamble having an other well drilled. BTW my old nursery had a 300 ft well and now has 1000 PPM of salt. However Ornamental plants can normally take a higher salt contend in the water. I am glad I am out of the nursery business now.

billslawn89
06-19-2012, 08:52 PM
lmao at the garfield cartoon!Its coming!

jvanvliet
06-20-2012, 07:03 AM

We have had one of the Dry and Hottest spring since 1998 when we had many Wild fires. While we have not had the wild fires, we have had WATER PROBLEM. Most of the wells in my area are now salt water intruded.

I got a call today to look at a Brand new 419 Bermuda sod job turning brown and dying. At first it had me puzzled. Then I noticed the citrus trees dying also, but the Hibiscus and other shrubs were OK. Citrus doesn't do well in Hard or salty water. I had my EC Meter with me and tested the well water. Bermuda is Not salt torrent and dies at less than 700 PPM of salt. The well water read 650 PPM.

Problem is as little rain fall that has leached into the ground this year the Ground water is becoming very salty. St Augustine can take up to 1300 PPM but will not turn green over a 1,000 PPM . St A will die at 1600 PPM of salt. Normally salt is not an issue this time of year because it is our traditional Rainy Season. Dry weather, New sod and a salt water wells don't mix.

At the cost of City water the only recommendation I could make was to re-drill a well to a deeper depth of over 200 ft to try and get fresher water. Well driller will only guarantee to hit water and not the quality of that water. Therefore it is a big gamble having an other well drilled. BTW my old nursery had a 300 ft well and now has 1000 PPM of salt. However Ornamental plants can normally take a higher salt contend in the water. I am glad I am out of the nursery business now.

Good grief, salt water intrusion that far inland!

I have wells here @60-70ft not producing brackish water (yet), rusty but not brakish.

Closer to the intercoastal, we're experiencing some salt water intrusion. Intercoastal & Ocean communities are no longer allowed to drill or use their wells.

jvanvliet
06-20-2012, 07:04 AM
All the sprinklers are working... rain forecast for the next 5 days. :dizzy:

Ric
06-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Good grief, salt water intrusion that far inland!

I have wells here @60-70ft not producing brackish water (yet), rusty but not brakish.

Closer to the intercoastal, we're experiencing some salt water intrusion. Intercoastal & Ocean communities are no longer allowed to drill or use their wells..

How far inland do you think I am??? HELLO!!!! I am on a salt water canal.

Patriot Services
06-20-2012, 12:22 PM

I guess Jvan hasn't seen your boat pics. :usflag:

The guys are ahead for the week and flying since that front seems to coming this way.:usflag:

jvanvliet
06-20-2012, 12:31 PM

How the F would I know :dizzy:

jvanvliet
06-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Glad we cut ahead the last couple of days. Had to call a 1/2 rain day. Trimming will have to wait.

Ric
06-20-2012, 12:50 PM
How the F would I know :dizzy:

Job

I know your name, age, address, phone number and shoe size. Todays computer technology leaves nothing hidden.

Florida Gardener
06-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Solid 5 hours of rain today....supposed to get more thurs-sat...

wayyyy diff than last yr..it was dry as hell and way hotter.

Was able to put in 4 hours or so working in the rain...no cutting, just detail stuff. Better than nothing.

jvanvliet
06-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Got my cutting done yesterday; put trimming on hold for now.

Trucks arer starting to smell jock straps; can't wait till rainy season :wall

Landscape Poet
06-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Got lucky and was suppose to have 80% chance of rain today and got just a moving drizzle here and there and actually nice weather most of the day. All caught up on mowing for the week and have 4 sod estimates tomorrow a palm tree trimming and need to get to the mower shop for a recall issue on the mowers. Life is good and let it rain let it rain.....until Monday.

Florida Gardener
06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Got lucky and was suppose to have 80% chance of rain today and got just a moving drizzle here and there and actually nice weather most of the day. All caught up on mowing for the week and have 4 sod estimates tomorrow a palm tree trimming and need to get to the mower shop for a recall issue on the mowers. Life is good and let it rain let it rain.....until Monday.
Same exact thing here. I tell you, this summer has been pretty decent so far. I know we haven't hit the 2 worst months, but still, not bad at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
06-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Same exact thing here. I tell you, this summer has been pretty decent so far. I know we haven't hit the 2 worst months, but still, not bad at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is the second day of summer.

Florida Gardener
06-22-2012, 08:30 AM
This is the second day of summer.

Not for Florida lol....summer starts in march
Posted via Mobile Device

jvanvliet
06-22-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm ahead on all the properties; yesterday was beautiful, low humidity not too hot. Blue skies this morning... we are trimming (well the boys are).

KrayzKajun
06-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Well looks like first storm of the season is coming into the gulf. Time to prep the chainsaws and dumptrailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Duekster
06-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Not for Florida lol....summer starts in march
Posted via Mobile Device

I hear ya, Growing season starts in March but there is no mistaking summer for Spring. Even if Spring is running in the high 90's summer is worse. :dizzy:

jvanvliet
06-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Well looks like first storm of the season is coming into the gulf. Time to prep the chainsaws and dumptrailer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Storm.... payup

:p

jvanvliet
06-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Sunday afternoon; drenching monsoon rains, lighning and we just got a tornado warning for our community :dizzy:

Patriot Services
06-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Same with a TS watch. Pool is full!
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
06-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Good for us while at the same time not good for us. It has been nasty all day and the lawns are just soup at this point.

Patriot Services
06-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Already getting clean up calls.:usflag:

easy-lift guy
06-24-2012, 09:04 PM
$$$$$$$, but after all were really not complaining, ARE WE???.
easy-lift guy

Green King TLC
06-27-2012, 05:43 AM
I hate storms BUT i love them to. made a lot of money with tree work but now i have to get my lawns caught up. It is tough on a one man band.

Green King TLC
06-27-2012, 05:44 AM
I just keep thinking 4 more months and its back to every 2 week cuts.