PDA

View Full Version : First Aide

Sammy
08-13-2000, 04:50 PM
How many of you carry first aide kits and fire extingushers ?

Eric ELM
08-13-2000, 05:12 PM
I've got both with me in the truck. We have used the first aid kit a few times, but not the extinguisher. :)

Getmow
08-13-2000, 06:16 PM
You should carry both a fire extinguisher and more importantly a first aid kit. You never know when you will need more than a band aid.

WALKERMOW
08-13-2000, 06:21 PM
just tylenol and band-aids here

bob
08-13-2000, 06:22 PM
I carry a first aid kit in the truck and a fire extinguisher on the trailer, mounted far from the gas cans. I haven't used either one yet-knock on wood!

gusbuster
08-13-2000, 10:37 PM
You should always carry both fire extinguisher and first aid kit. I had to use the first aid kit myself a couple times in over 20 years of service. The fire extinguisher I\'ve used to help put out fires that other people had.

I remember the time this person who wasn\'t a client threw ashes in the garbage can thinking the ashes were out. She left her house to go grocery shopping. When she came back home, found the front of her house full of firemen and police. I noticed the smell of smoke while working on my clientís house. Looked up from what i was doing and saw her garbage cans and part of the garage in flames. Got my extinguisher from truck and started spraying, had most of the flames out before I went to a garden hose. The fire truck showed up a couple minutes later with no fire to fight. When the lady and husband were told who put out the fire, not only did I get a nice thank you from them, I\'ve done a lot of work for the husbands company over the years.:) He works for a local property management company.
John

[Edited by gusbuster on 08-14-2000 at 01:40 AM]

Runner
08-13-2000, 10:56 PM
We carry a fire extinguisher both in the truck, and in the trailer. Our first aid kit is just a basic Johnson & Johnson with a few added goodies like burn cream and such.

KirbysLawn
08-13-2000, 11:35 PM
I have fire extinguhers at the front and rear doors of my trailer. I do carry a first aid kit, I would look really stupid being a medic and not having one. :) Also carry an Epi-Pen for bee stings, got stung twice last week but no reactions!

excel25
08-14-2000, 01:02 AM
First aid kit and fire extinguher hanging inside door of trailer. Have used first aid kit many times, not yet had to try to put out a fire, I do need to look at the charge and make sure it's good to go.

eslawns
08-14-2000, 01:15 AM
Carry both. Have a firefighter/EMT tell you what to put in a FA kit. Make an inventory list on a 5x8 card and keep inside. Go through it priodically to see what needs to be replaced. With all the sharp stuff we use, it's a no-brainer. I have a large dry chem FE, what is best? CO2?

southside
08-14-2000, 06:54 AM
We carry first aid gear in the truck,but no fire extinguisher.I guess I'll have to get my finger out and get
one. One vital item to carry in your truck is bog paper.
(toilet paper). Always handy. :)

Karl

MOW ED
08-14-2000, 07:00 PM
I carry me. I'm a fire extinguisher and a paramedic.

Gusbuster, I know you are an ex CHIP so the firefighter part of you is predictable. The cops always run in first. Its the canary syndrome. Just kidding. The police are always helping us do our jobs, I just wish they would learn how to reload hose. Neat story.

1MajorTom
08-16-2000, 01:27 AM
Ray,

What is an Epi-Pen? What does it do for you? Take the sting away?
I ran over a nest of ground bees last week, and got stung seven times. Those bees got down in my socks, and I thought I was going to die.
I actually screamed, and ripped off my shoes and socks. My ankles were stinging so bad, and all I had to put on them was ice from the cooler.

Where do I purchase an Epi-Pen? Although I don't plan on getting stung anymore, it would be nice to be prepared.

Thanks,

Jodi

yardsmith
08-16-2000, 02:27 AM
Always carry both, plus lots of other things too, like tie down rope, log chains, oil, tools, spare parts, etc.
My days of Boy Scout 'be prepared' have carried over into adulthood. :)

sunrise
08-16-2000, 02:46 PM
carry two of each, never know what will happen. who kniws may help someone who doent carry one.