PDA

View Full Version : Toro Owners

FLMOWER
12-25-2002, 04:51 PM
I currently own a 36" Toro Proline w/ floating deck. This is my first mower and was just wondering what you guys do to keep the front end down. The front end jumps, coming out of any gear. It had a dumbell tied to the front, however I took it off because it looked very unprofessional. Im not quite sure what the engineers were thinking.

Thanks

Conoverbandit
12-25-2002, 05:20 PM
Hello,
We have 4 Toro walk behind mowers. A 44, (2) 52's and a 62. The 44 does'nt seem to jump as much, but the 52's we had to put a weight on the corner to keep'em down. That is why the dumb bell was on yours. We used a piece of heavy weight metal we found and bolted it on.(not very pretty, but it works) as for the 62, that things so heavy it does'nt have that problem. I'm thinking about installing a piece of 2in. channel or solid metal inside the frame rail on ours to see if this helps keep the front end down. Hope this helps.

Wayne

bobbygedd
12-25-2002, 07:17 PM
i have a snapper wb, it does the same thing. are u releasing the handles to quickly?

BigMike
12-26-2002, 03:54 AM
I own a 32" Toro w/ 13 HP Kohler engine...I think you are taking off too fast. Try easing your way into full acceleration...especially if you're in a high gear.

wojo23323
12-26-2002, 07:16 AM
Try to loosen the tension on the belts a little bit and start your acceleration a little slower.

Conoverbandit
12-30-2002, 04:34 PM
Mine does it when trying to pull up hill.

Kent Lawns
01-01-2003, 11:03 AM
I have the mower you're talking about.

Since we have a bagger attachment, that helps, but I'd try this:

Get a +/- 40" peice of 3/8" or 1/2" steel 3" x 20", paint it red and bolt it across the front carrier frame between the caster wheels. You can even use U-bolts if you don't want to drill holes.

FLMOWER
01-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Thanks guys I really appreciate all the info. I don't beleive this is a problem of accelerating too fast, just too light up front. Not only does it lift up on start, but even at slow speeds the front end hops up if terrain isn't perfectly level. It has this problem with or without the sulky. I like the fix of putting some steel up on the front frame rail. Ill keep you posted. Thanks

rodfather
01-01-2003, 12:40 PM
You're not alone.

We have the same problem with our Ferris WB's too. All of the 52 and 61's have 50 lb. weights up front to help keep the deck down.

MTR
01-01-2003, 02:16 PM
I currently own a 36" Toro Proline w/ floating deck. This is my first mower and was just wondering what you guys do to keep the front end down. The front end jumps, coming out of any gear. It had a dumbell tied to the front,
-----------------------------------------------------

jumping any gear? How that could be? Is this T-bar or pistol?
I think you just release drive levers too fast, I ocassionally have this problem when going up hill, because I released drive levers too fast on high gear like 4th which will happen to any mower, other than that none. the Metro deck sticks like glue to the ground (it's fixed deck), and no dumbell no nothing just plain factory deck.

I think you just released too fast since this is your first, it takes months before knowing everything about your mower, be patient.

best regards,