PDA

View Full Version : Artificial Rocks

Cled
08-13-2000, 06:41 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew how (or where I could find out where to learn) to build artificial landscape rocks to decorate and use in my yard. I\\\'ve seen some cool ones where people have put electrical outlets in \\\'em and used \\\'em to customize their ponds and waterfalls. Can anyone help me with some information on this?

Thanks...

Cody

Guido
08-13-2000, 07:15 PM
I've never seen anyone able to make them, but I've seen them in mags, used to hide pumps, speakers, outlets, lights, etc in landscapes. I'll check on an address for you when I get a chance.

Guido
08-13-2000, 07:31 PM
I went through a few mags and the ad I found was one I've never seen before! If I find the other company I'll post its address here to.

The found I found is called Mock Rock, by DekoRRa Products LLC

1-888-635-8585
http://www.dekorraproducts.com
e-mail: dekorra@jvlnet.com

Hope this helps!

gusbuster
08-13-2000, 09:46 PM
My want to check out your local irrigation supply or landscape supply house. I know at both "GreenMark" and "Horizon" have kits or sell pre-fab rocks. Same tech. that they use at amusement parks such as Disneyland, All the different "Six Flags" amusement parks. Is it cost effective, only if you buy the pre-fabs.
John

FIREMAN
08-14-2000, 04:15 PM
DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE BUT MY LOCAL STONE YARD SELLS SOMETHING CALLED FEATHER STONE....IT'S REALLY LIGHT AND EASY TO WORK WITH YOU CAN EASILY DRILL OR CHISEL IT INTO JUST ABOUT ANY SHAPE AND IT'S WATER PROOF( NO LEACHING) I HAD A CUSTOMER ASK ME FOR A ROCK BIRDBATH TO GO WITH A PAVER PATIO I INSTALLED ....I WENT AND GOT A FEATHER STONE BOULDER AND MADE HER A HUGE BIRDBATH....BUT ONE THING....IT'S REALLY EXPENSIVE...