PDA

View Full Version : I get Lowballed on a Mulch Jobs

Snyder's Lawn Inc
05-26-2012, 09:24 PM
This is on a Lawn I mow but ppl does it (DOES NOT) groom the beds or the tree rings
I told customer If I did the beds The grooming is part of the bid I gave them But other guy must be still way cheaper then me
The customer hires me to groom the beds bad thing is The new mulch is already there To me it looks bad after I groom it but customer is ok with it

I groom with my Turf Teq Here few pics

grandview (2006)
05-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Honestly ,not to good looking after pixs.Sorry.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
05-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Honestly ,not to good looking after pixs.Sorry.

dont tell me I know to much dirt in the mulch Customer is happy with it I hate it

Gilmore.Landscaping
05-26-2012, 09:54 PM
wow...you need to find some better clients.... I wouldn't want people to see me edging that and think those are my standards. Call me crazy or what ever but if it makes me look bad I don't do the project!

lazor-cut
05-26-2012, 10:23 PM
I would of said: http://www.deviantart.com/download/94390815/FXXX_This_Im_Out_of_Here_by_Mattmankoga.jpg

In all reality i dont deal with CHEAP customers like so... Either u want my service or you dont! Also if it were up to me i Wouldnt of even groomed those beds.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
05-27-2012, 12:07 AM
In all reality i dont deal with CHEAP customers like so... Either u want my service or you dont! Also if it were up to me i Wouldnt of even groomed those beds.

Well I installed the lawn I mow it 5 acres trim shrubs/trees Lawn treatments just never did the mulch
grooming was around $200 for less then 2 hrs of work
They pay well and on time
So about $1,200 each month So they ask I did it What would you do

knox gsl
05-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Well I installed the lawn I mow it 5 acres trim shrubs/trees Lawn treatments just never did the mulch
grooming was around $200 for less then 2 hrs of work
They pay well and on time
So about $1,200 each month So they ask I did it What would you do

I would've went in with a rake and pulled the mulch back, edged, graded soil, pulled mulch back and then charged $300, but that's just me. I couldn't leave a job looking like that.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
05-27-2012, 12:33 AM
I would've went in with a rake and pulled the mulch back, edged, graded soil, pulled mulch back and then charged $300, but that's just me. I couldn't leave a job looking like that.

All he wanted me to do groom the edge He did the clean up The beds has never been groomed
Beds been there atleast 10 yrs

knox gsl
05-27-2012, 01:20 AM
You can only tell them so much, BTW what kind of mulch is that, looks like they used something off the back of a tree chipper truck?

White Gardens
05-27-2012, 02:25 AM
You can only tell them so much, BTW what kind of mulch is that, looks like they used something off the back of a tree chipper truck?

Glad somebody else noticed the same thing I did.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
05-27-2012, 09:43 AM

Well its course Oak the guys installed it grind it with one