PDA

View Full Version : New Landscaping lol/ How do I fix

CMLLawnServices
12-26-2002, 03:52 PM
Yesterday I had the tractor out and was blowing some snow in our drive way and did some "involuntary landscaping" twice! the first pic was when I knew that there was grass there but I had the blower a little too low , now most of the roots are still there and I think will come back in the spring but i`ll seed just incase.
the second pic i an really ashamded of it is really bad, I thought that the grass was back farther and I had lots of room but I was wrong. so I think that I`ll cut down the bank a little ( the area is between the drive way and a neighbours lot and there is a 1 foot bank going up from the drive way ) and reseed , or get some sod and replace it. next time i`ll be more carefull . I made some stakes this afternoon and put them up so that I wont hit turf again.

CMLLawnServices
12-26-2002, 03:53 PM
second pic.........really bad

rvsuper
12-26-2002, 04:36 PM
If I had a snow service remove snow for me, I think I would put stakes in before the ground freezes, not only so they don't hit grass, but sprinklers as well. Some of it might come back, but that second pic looks pretty much wasted. Resod or reseed those areas next spring.

rodfather
12-26-2002, 04:54 PM
Ouch! Aerate and reseed in the Spring. And in the meantime, be more careful...it's still only December...there is a lot of Old Man Winter left.

cantoo
12-26-2002, 06:31 PM
That's nothing CMLL, my 10 year old son decided to do our driveway from the barn to to the field. I would think he moved 1/2 a truck load of topsoil and grass with the loader. Lucky we live in the country and it doesn't matter much. On the good side he is getting beter with it.

FrankenScagMachines
12-26-2002, 08:09 PM
That's a Chevy Venture minivan there, right?
Yes I have done some involuntary topsoil leveling too, and edging as well both during snow removal services... lol.

DLCS
12-26-2002, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. I've have done that before to my own property, that sort of thing can happen when the ground isn't froze. I would just repair it in the spring. I bet the grass will come right up in the first pic though.

Mike

sirsweatsalot
12-27-2002, 12:11 AM
ahh that **** will grow back. just come back in the spring grab the pices that you riped and replace your divit!

CMLLawnServices
12-27-2002, 09:57 AM
BHB Its a Pontiac Montana......Same thing though